Romeoville, IL

Posted July 21, 2014
This is a great school. My children's learning has really progressed since enrolled! My husband and are very happy with this school and the teachers are amazing!

Posted July 21, 2014
We are very pleased with the teachers , leadership and the skills these educators have. Our sons have grown tremendously since enrolling at Skoff.

Posted June 23, 2014
I have two children at this school and have been happy with the teachers, the curriculum, and especially the administration and staff. They are welcoming and caring and demonstrate a strong message of growth every year with annual themes and shared performance on MAP tests. My children know they are improving and I know how to help them at home. Kudos to the principal and AP for their leadership and visibility to families!

Posted May 18, 2014
Teachers and staff are the best! However the district performance as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. 10 percent of the High School graduating class are prepared for college according to an article in the Patch.

Posted April 13, 2014
I have been very impressed with the leadership and teachers at this school. It had some issues when it was a new school about 10 years ago, but I would highly recommend this school now. The facilities are great, the teachers are very caring and my children have had a great experience in all areas of their education.

Posted March 11, 2011
I am disappointed with BSE. My son loved school & loved to learn. He has always been advanced for his age but now he suddenly hates school and I think a large part of that is he does not get enough individualized attention. To have one teacher for a class of 30 does not provide each student with the individualized attention they need to gain confidence and enjoy learning. The students that goof around are given more attention in order to bring the class back to order and it really hurts the other children in the class. In addition, the way the teachers mark all over the paper when an answer is wrong or the work is messy is discouraging to the students. It is not just a note at the top but it is written largely over half of the assignment and makes the child feel bad, instead of helping them to learn from it. Also, the current bus situation is ridiculous. My son has learned horrible things from other kids on the bus and how they expect a bus driver to prevent such behavior when they have to drive is beyond me. A teacher should be on the bus when they leave the school to control these issues and prevent this behavior.

Posted June 21, 2010
We came to Skoff after moving to the Romeoville area two years ago. Two of our four children receive special services and that department has done nothing but help our children. Mrs. Doyle in the office is able to answer anything and knows many of the kids personally which helped my kids overcome being shy and fit in.

Skoff Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
My Daugher has been going there since the school began. She has been treated with respect and the staff has been helpful and supportive through her growing years. The down side has seen three groups of principals change since 5 years. They have to challenge the kids more, give more homework and improve the reading and math standars to help improve the basic educations kids get. Maybe a after school reading, math club run by teachers and parents would help .

Posted January 07, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010
Overall good school with involved teachers.

Skoff Elementary School
775 West Normantown Road, Romeoville, IL  60446
Last modified Skoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skoff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top