Roselle, IL

St Walter School 3

Posted June 04, 2014
Two of my children have attended St. Walter's and while we have been generally satisfied we have chosen to utilize the public school for our third child. Academics are on par with local district 13 and Roselle District. Smaller class sizes exist in the public school setting. I grew up attending Catholic Schools and have always felt very appreciate of my Catholic Education however I have felt that St. Walter's has become more of a "private school" with parents more worried about name brands and BMW's and escalades than the moral Christian Character of their children. Of course their are exceptions and wonderful people, but in one year we have felt more character emphasis at the public school.

St Walter School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
NEVER SEND YOUR KIDS HERE! The students are very rude, greedy, snobby, and wannabe's. I don't feel like the kids are learning virtues and how to be nice. I don't want to be mean but i really would never bother to send my kids here. When I was a kid, I played basketball on a school team and every time we versed them, and they won, they would rub it in our faces and the coaches would laugh at us. I truly don't think that the school should be teaching their students like this.

Posted August 22, 2013
St Walter is effective and highly organized in everything they do. They have objective systems in place that enable all students to succeed, so long as the student puts in the effort. They offer everything possible to assist working parents, and I feel they go above and beyond to ensure the safety of all children is never in jeopardy. The BASIC program is fantastic, Mrs Burke and company have set a high standard for after school programs.

St Walter School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
I have never been more pleased with a school. My son has been in one public school and 2 other catholic schools before starting at St. Walter. We now have all 3 of our kids there and our oldest will be gradguating in the spring. The teachers are willing to give extra help when needed and the principal makes each family feel as if they are the only ones in that school. She has always gone over and beyond the call of duty. Consider yourself very blessed if you are among the fortunate who attend St. Walter.

St Walter School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
This school is great both for academics and athletics. There is great family participation and support from the teachers. The music department is extraordinary with a childrens choir, handbells, plays, and community involvement.

Posted October 05, 2008

Posted September 12, 2008
This is an excellent school. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. The leadership at this school is outstanding and all of the staff are very attentive to the students needs. My son was diagnosed with AD/HD last year in first grade. The teachers dicussed their concerns and encouraged me to talk to my peditrician. When we learned that he had AD/HD, the school was very accomodating and willing to work with me. The staff was also willing to try just about anything. I had heard horror stories about dealing with private schools and AD?HD. This is not the case at St. Walter school.

Posted October 29, 2006

Posted August 25, 2006
- a former student
I was at St. Walter for 1 year. In that time I got strait As because the teachers are freindly and they help you alot. I didn't mind wearing the uniform. I would strongly recommend this school.

Posted April 18, 2006