Sandwich Middle School 3

Posted November 26, 2013
The teachers do what they can, but the profound lack of communication seems to come from the principal, that I have yet to meet anyone that has been able to contact him. I would expect a principal to meet the parents during the 6th grade Orientation Night. That did not happen. We have met all principals along the way until 6th grade. I hope this isn't more to come. Most parents I know don't realize the newsletter is online as a PDF. It is not timely. I understood the newsletters not being timely when they are printed and sent home with students. But, with the newsletter being digital, it should be timely. Items occur on the calendar before the PDF is uploaded. I have had extreme lack of communication from admin and staff, starting at the beginning of 6th grade when my son's personalized gym shorts were stolen out of his gym locker. No one cared. No one responded. I had to go through the Vice Principal to get anyone to respond that they could do nothing. My son's math book was stolen. His locker is terrible. I just found out his school collects Box Tops. That would have been nice to include in the newsletter before I gave all of mine away. I always feel like an outsider.

Posted May 10, 2011
Can't stand this school District! Stepdaughter had over 30 zeros in one class alone,not to mention her other grades. Failing horribly! Lives thirty min. away with mother who also doesn't care. Tried repeatedly to contact teachers with no replies.Tried getting her extra help with no success from school or teachers. Begged them to hold her back, they pushed her on to high school anyway. Anything to make they're school look better!!!!! Forget the kids, right!?!?! Not doing any better in high school. Just kept dropping her in to lower classes instead of working with her.

Posted October 15, 2009
This is a horrible school poor staff and even worse admin! Stay away!

Sandwich Middle School 5

Posted February 08, 2008

Sandwich Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2007

Posted September 28, 2004

Sandwich Middle School
600 Wells Street, Sandwich, IL  60548
Last modified Sandwich Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandwich Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top