Posted January 15, 2014
Mrs. Kort and Ms. Rodriguez are both very effective and caring administrators. Mrs. Kort is highly visible in the classrooms and makes personal connections with all of the students. She knows each one by name. I think this new administrative team is off to a great start. In addition to that, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Dirksen staff. My children have had excellent teachers every year who go above and beyond to support and challenge them. Ms. Zizak , the school nurse, s also a gem. She goes out of her way to care for the students and parents at Dirksen. We have had many very positive interactions with her. Dirksen is a great school.

Posted August 30, 2013
My son is in 5th grade now. He has been attending Dirksen since kindergarten. This school was our school of choice and we are so glad that we enrolled our son here. Caring and good teachers plus excellent academic records year after year.

Posted April 27, 2012
I am a sixth grade student at Dirksen. I have attended since kindergarten. I am a huge fan of my school's teachers and principals, both new and long standing. Through opportunity, encouragement, and hard work I have won an excellence award in writing through Pub Lab, proved triumphant in the Battle of the Books challenge, and performed well is state testing. I have felt welcomed and encouraged to learn from the beginning of my education at Dirksen. Although Dirksen is no longer a school of choice in district 54, I highly recommend Dirksen to others.

Everett Dirksen Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
I have no experience with the school in the past because my child is in kindergarten but I have to agree with the last review. I feel like the school has a very unpleasant learning environment. I think it is not healthy for children to be subjected to this type of environment at such an early age.

Everett Dirksen Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2012
Anyone reading the reviews about this school should pay attention to the dates. The staff has Dirksen has been overhauled in the last few years and the school has taken on a much different and unpleasant learning environment.

Everett Dirksen Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2009
The open enrolment program at this school is very good, as is the multiage curriculum. My first grader, has blossomed really well, and has become confident all-round in the company of the older kids.

Everett Dirksen Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2008
The teachers are very nice and everyone cares

Posted November 02, 2007
My daughter is only in kindergarten, but so far I have been really impressed. Dirksen has such a great blend of family and community at it's core. I'm thrilled to have my daughter attending Dirksen on the 'School of Choice' program.

Posted May 09, 2005
Fantastic 'school of choice' with caring staff and a great PTA. The school is a warm community, my children do very well and are happy at Dirksen. I have always been pleased when visiting the school during school hours, the classrooms are busy without being chaotic. The multi-age instruction has been a good experience, especially when children are on the fringe in the age requirement.

Everett Dirksen Elementary School
116 West Beech Drive, Schaumburg, IL  60193
Last modified Everett Dirksen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Everett Dirksen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top