Schaumburg, IL
Students enrolled: 1,179

Schaumburg Christian School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
This is my first year in this school, and so far, I like it here. The teachers are very kind and caring. However, they can also be strict about discipline. From the first day, I made a lot of new friends. The kids in this school are very diverse, but we all accept each other the way we are. In regards of academics, this school has high standards. My only concern is the Child Care. For older kids, there is nothing to do. It might be a good idea to go to the gyms more often.

Schaumburg Christian School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
My child went here for a few years. And it's hit or miss with the teachers. Unfortunately, the last one was so bad that she dreaded going to school. As a high performing student, you'd expect her to be challenged in private school instead she was reprimanded for "reading ahead." There were a number of problems that made her experience a negative one. The good news is she's much happier now that we pulled her out.

Schaumburg Christian School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
There is no reason to pay for a private school when the schools in surrounding communities are so excellent. Also, everybody I know who goes here says it's too harsh. Some left and joined the public schools. I don't want my child in a punitive environment; school is tough enough. I want happy, healthy children and I found that in the surrounding public schools, which are superior in many ways. Also, not having to pay tuition saves up money for extra activities to benefit and enrich the child.

Posted June 11, 2012
Listen, Paul LaDuke was a bad example, but he is removed and the school education is outstanding, the school is effective.

Schaumburg Christian School 3

Posted April 19, 2012
As a prospective parent of SCS, I keep reading reviews that the school is too Conservative. IN WHAT WAYS???

Schaumburg Christian School 1

Posted March 22, 2012
I think it is sad to read statements that parents are happy with the teacher that was caught exposing himself to children because of his academic skills?! That the "media" represented him unfairly? Are you kidding me? While I don't think it is fair to judge a school based on the behavior of one teacher I find it alarming that parents would just chose to ignore what happened. God trusted me enough to give me children - and I will do every thing I can to honor that trust by protecting them from peopele like that teacher. I just wonder how long it was going on before he was caught...

Posted February 26, 2012
My children have been attending SCS for 3 years and I had family who also attended the school. In fact, my family was taught by the very teacher you are referring to and you are sadly mistaken by what the news media presents about the man. Judge not lest ye be judged. I have been very pleased with the quality of education that my children have received. The teachers have a real concern to see the students excel in academics and character.

Schaumburg Christian School 1

Posted February 05, 2012
So in other words, despite a "christian atmosphere" your ok with sending your kids to a school, where a math teacher, who taught there for 10+ years was caught exposing himself to his students? a school where things of that nature is ok?

Posted February 05, 2012
Our child has been attending SCS for four years and is now in third grade. Overall we are very pleased with the academic environment provided by SCS. The teachers are great and care about the students. The martial arts program is extremely beneficial, in that SCS staff brings a unique way of teaching ninjitsu to the students. We don't have to look for daycare before and after school or during the summer, as SCS provides daycare services and summer camp, which pretty much takes care of the entire year. SCS needs to improve on the number of sports offered. It would be nice if SCS offered competitive track and field, tennis, and bowling teams.

Schaumburg Christian School 4

Posted November 27, 2011
We have to 2 children that attend SCS and we are very pleased with the results in their academic development. The administration is very thoughtful and professional. Although the students overall perform exceptionally on standardized tests, some teachers are noticeably better than others as would be expected in any school. The church does have a marked influence on the school's environment, but it has not been a problem for us. We are not Baptist, but that has not diminished our sons' experience. They learn the bible and are gaining a Christian world view which isn't "watered down," which is increasingly hard to find in our secular culture. I am confident that my children are being well educated in a safe and caring environment, which is my utmost concern.

Schaumburg Christian School
200 North Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL  60194
Last modified Schaumburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Schaumburg Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top