PK-12|Private
1,034 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is our 2nd year, and next year I am putting in my 2nd child. I love the school - it is clean, they care and they know your child. It's like a family. Education is great, I've seen a great deal of improvement from my son.

When we chose to go to this school, we were thinking that the school would have a Christian atmosphere. However, it turned out to be the opposite. In the middle school, kids are getting in groups and ganging on individuals. They spread lies and gossip, and openly make fun of the person they are picking on. Even after complaining to administration, the problem did not change. In some situations, bullying happens in front of the teacher without any action taken by the teacher. Very disappointing.

We just moved to Aurora,IL(Naperville Schools) and we miss SCS more than anything now. Difference between a public school(good ones!) and SCS is astronomical, you would notice that right away starting at enrollment and when you meet the teachers. My son went to SCS for pre-k,K,1,2. Being a Hindu and not so MUCH into religious stuff, we were apprehensive of the Bible studies. But for those grades, we found it was not even a concern. Besides, it's a Christian school and one should expect to learn their religion. They have some really good teachers, and academics , they are way ahead of public school system. They are not so much into sports(they have basketball, martial arts etc) but they got some really good music teachers.(piono and other instruments). If you are not sure to enroll or not, i would suggest take a trip to the local public school and witness how your tax dollars are wasted. Public school system is the greatest scam of the century. There is nothing you could do about it, unfortunately.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Didn't prepare me at all for high school. Science class is a joke. teacher's only enforce not having homework with a "demerit".

This is my first year in this school, and so far, I like it here. The teachers are very kind and caring. However, they can also be strict about discipline. From the first day, I made a lot of new friends. The kids in this school are very diverse, but we all accept each other the way we are. In regards of academics, this school has high standards. My only concern is the Child Care. For older kids, there is nothing to do. It might be a good idea to go to the gyms more often.

My child went here for a few years. And it's hit or miss with the teachers. Unfortunately, the last one was so bad that she dreaded going to school. As a high performing student, you'd expect her to be challenged in private school instead she was reprimanded for "reading ahead." There were a number of problems that made her experience a negative one. The good news is she's much happier now that we pulled her out.

There is no reason to pay for a private school when the schools in surrounding communities are so excellent. Also, everybody I know who goes here says it's too harsh. Some left and joined the public schools. I don't want my child in a punitive environment; school is tough enough. I want happy, healthy children and I found that in the surrounding public schools, which are superior in many ways. Also, not having to pay tuition saves up money for extra activities to benefit and enrich the child.

Listen, Paul LaDuke was a bad example, but he is removed and the school education is outstanding, the school is effective.

To the lady said not to judge the teacher yet. Are u kidding? He ADMITTED his repulsive act. What other i formation would you like? I think it is disgusting that ge was doing this for soo many years and even outright saying it before asked. I know much about this school and trust me they are not who they say they are. It is true they are not tolerant of other religions, brainwashing YES, and don't get me started on tbeir "strictness." Our private school is strict and I can handle that. This is way beyond. Do yourselves a favor and look around the areas for private schools. There afe MANY. Although no school is perfect, you find one JUST as good academically as this one BUT with much less of the drama.

As a prospective parent of SCS, I keep reading reviews that the school is too Conservative. IN WHAT WAYS???

Last modified Schaumburg Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12