Schaumburg, IL

Posted April 02, 2012
Both of kids attended Acarath. One of them finished first grade there. If Acarath offered 2nd grade or higher. I'd probably send my kids there too. I am impressed with the education they obtained from this school. I am impressed with the one-to-one personnel attention the teachers provided to each student., and the arts, gymnastic and swimming programming there. I wish more schools are like this one. Both of my kids missed the school now that they are in a public school. I felt very fortunate that I found this school for my kids.

Posted November 21, 2011
My daughter goes to preschool 3 in acarath. She loves this school. She was in Goddard earlier and she cried every single day (for almost 2 years). I was giving second thought after reading few reviews about lack of personal touch, but I'm really amazed on how good this school is and the daycare/montessari teachers. Once my kid was sick (running low 100 fever) when I came to pick her she was sitting on teachers lap. My daughter gets up early and we actually blackmail her if you don't get up you are not going to school and there she gets up immediately :) she even wants to go to school on weekends..Thanks Acarath for taking care of my girl. One negative review is I don't like the ambience. When you enter the school, you see kids cubbies.. Somehow tht kills the looks. But overall a great school.

Posted August 29, 2011
I had my son there from preschool to kindergarten. The preschool teacher was excellent. The kindergarten teacher was pushy and impatient. They were also required to write a journal everyday, which is totally not right for a child at 5 years of age. Good swimming teachers and good lunch. Also half day preschool was the best for kids who don't nap. Parents care about their children a lot. They also never properly taught on how to read and write. But that is a common occurrence for most schools out there, public or private.

Acarath Montessori Center 1

Posted November 17, 2010
I won't recommend this school to your child. If you talk to the director Kristin, you will find out she only has money on her eyes! she maybe nice if you are still there! good luck! No Love, no care! some of the young teachers would really play and care of your child, for the senior daycare teachers, you can see they only talk talk and talk by themselves in the morning daycare, when they see a child is coming to the room, they stop talking, after the parents left, they non-stop keep talking, don't even care about the children in the room

Posted January 25, 2010
My 15 year old attended Acarath thru 1st grade. She left there reading at a 4th grade level. She still wishes she could go back. She loved the school and the warm environment. For a preschool to include art, music, swimming, gym, dance, gymnastics... Is amazing. Oh and they have the best holiday shows. The kids do some tumbling, sing, dance and play a drum or bells or xylophone.

Acarath Montessori Center 4

Posted February 15, 2008
I sent my children to Acarath for their first year and I think they got a good quality education. When it came time to reregister them for the fall, I was told that if I did not register my children for summer camp, new summer camp students would be given priority over my children in the fall. Apparently not enrolling in Summer Camp constitutes withdrawal from the school and in order to ensure my children can continue in the fall, I must send my children there twelve months a year or risk not being able to send them there for the school year. This policy indicates that the bottom line is mote important than the students. You may want to consider this when enrolling your children in this school. Are you willing to send them there 12 months a year to ensure the continuity of your child's school education?

Acarath Montessori Center 2

Posted January 05, 2008

Posted July 26, 2007
Things I liked - * Extra carricular activities included in the daily schedule * Good Montessori teachers (2 hrs/day) Things I did not like (reasons I pulled the plug) - * Lack of 'personal touch' in everything they do (my son never felt at home there) * They might be doing all the extra carricular activities that they say they do - but I had no visibility to what they do. * Money minded communication * Poor quality of 'Day Care' after montessori * Just didn't get the 'vibe'...

Posted October 25, 2005

Posted January 04, 2005
I am a parent of 2 students and one alum of Acarath. I have dealt with the administration and teachers alike. The staff (including the principal and office staff) have always been more than accomodating to the needs of my children and family. I have never been treated unfairly. The education is head and shoulders above any other program. Just because the 8/04 parent may have lost their fees is no reason to dismiss the wonderful opportunity Acarath offers the children.

Acarath Montessori Center
22 Kristin Drive, Schaumburg, IL  60195
Last modified Acarath Montessori Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Acarath Montessori Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top