Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Troy Crossroads Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2016
I have three kids going to Crossroads. First of all we love this school! The principal and staff are great people. They work very hard to make Crossroads great! All teachers we've had so far care a great deal about their students. They are easy to communicate with and they address questions and concerns in a swift manner. The front office ladies have been very helpful as well. Events are planned carefully by the school. Any parent can and should join the PAC or parent action committee to help with this process. (PAC is not the PTO...) They meet once a month and discuss events concerning Crossroads only. They also review outcomes of PTO meetings, which are district-wide. Without cooperation and help from parents the school can only do so much. It's easy to criticize when not actually taking part in the process! ;) All have the equal chance to boost school spirit!

Troy Crossroads Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2015
Hi First how about for Halloween instead of playing music and kids just walk out, we talk announce the class and teachers show some enthusiasm, also family fun fair, send letters home ask for enthusiastic energetic people or fun ideas cause it's pretty lame, also how about something for the Fathers they already get left out of Fathets day, how about a daughter father dance and a Fathers day celebration or something

Posted January 24, 2012
I withheld my review until my child's last year at this school just to give a fair assessment. My son started Pre-K in 2006 and this will be his last year there ending 4th grade in 2012. I absolutely loved this school! The teachers are very approachable and communicative. Academically, I was impressed how early certain material was started as opposed to when I was in grade school ( :-) Granted it's been a few years). There are some reviews of the front staff being rude, and sadly, I was put off by this the first 2 years but the last few it's been the complete opposite. The have been friendly and helpful. My child was also in speech therapy the first 4 and a half years he was there and it helped him tremendously. He actually looked forward to "speech days", it is a wonderful program!

Posted November 11, 2009
i love this school!!! They're communicative adaptive behavior program is top notch and i don't know what i would have done without it

Posted September 26, 2009
I loved this school when my daughter was here. She had Mrs. Brett for Early Childhood and she is the best! There are not enough words of praise to give her for how much she cared and helped my child. We moved out of state to be near family and it was the biggest mistake. The school my daughter is in now is horrible. Mrs, Brett will do anything in her power to help your child learn and is the most patient teacher. She goes out of her way to ease the fears of nervous parents sending there 3 year old to school.

Posted July 14, 2009
my daugthter went to this school for all grades its can amazing school i love it except the staff is very rude

Posted May 27, 2009
I love this school! My child entered first grade at this school a grade behind. The programs this school offeres are incredible!! With the help of his wonderful teacher and the rest of the staff at this school, he will now be ready for second grade. They have a plan in place already for next year with the appropriate help he will need to be successful. I just cannot rave enough about this school!!

Posted November 10, 2008
love what they have done with my son and hope to keep him here

Posted November 30, 2007
As long as our children are safe and are learing a good eduction, we should all be happy.

Troy Crossroads Elementary School 3

Posted July 25, 2007
The reason we moved into shorewood 1yr ago was because the research we had done on this school! we felt this would be a great school for my son to attend!His teacher was great I can easily contact her by e-mail to discuss my childs progress!The people at the front desk can be very impolite,they need to be considerate to everyones feelings!

210 East Black Rd, Shorewood, IL  60404
Last modified Troy Crossroads Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.