Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Their promting sex and music. They teach sex and show videos in 7th grade explicit. They focus way too much on the arts and music poor science, history, mathe and sports.

There are systemic failures in this school. Faculty are focused solely on metrics and not on learning. The social-emotional well being of children is dismissed consistently. Interventions are not thought through and are detrimental to student learning. Although technology is available, it isn't used effectively. Our PowerSchool emails, received weekly are only updated every few months as the teachers update their gradebooks without consistency. Students are permitted to move from high acheivement to FAILING GRADES without parents being notified. My child actually LOST skills during the academic year, again, without teachers partnering with parents to aid in my child's success. The emotional and financial costs from exposing my child to this school are unsurmountable.

Our children attend pre-k and kindergarten in District 73.5. We are excited that we found this school district. The diversity is amazing! Having come from an urban educational system where school budgets, school facilities, and school stability were all inadequate, I have special appreciation for the fact that our children attend a school that is well-maintained, has small class sizes, and maintains great facilities.

Middleton School is a top-notch place to get a great education; a true learning environment where diversity is celebrated. The teachers are fantastic. They are up-to-date on best practice in education and work hard to ensure that our children receive a quality of education in an atmosphere where academic expectations are extremely high. The Principal is a leader in all things. Her presence is felt throughout the building and she attends all evening events. Her motto of responsible, respectful and ready permeates the environment. Parents are encouraged to play an active role their child s education. Many teachers have web sites to provide a digital window into the classrooms and teachers are available at all times for conferences should concerns arise. If you are looking for a great school in a great community, you have found it.

Middleton has been everything I've wanted in a school, either private or public, AND MORE. I am an incredibly critical person when it comes to my children, and I have NOTHING bad to say about this school. The teachers and administration all CARE about our children. The extra curricular activities are wonderful, and the parents are all equally involved. Show me another school like that? You would have no idea that this was a public school from the quality of education and the pure caring over everyone, right down to the custodian. No other school comes close.

My experience with Middleton School has been great! The school feels like a private, family-oriented environment. My son's first grade teacher offers the best in teaching practices and follows up on every situation that needs attention. Students know what is expected from them and the student community in regards to behavior is very good. The diverse student population also adds to student awareness of a culturally diverse world. The after-school enrichment programs offer a variety of classes that keep students' interest in staying at the school longer. Small classes (only 20 students in my son's first grade class) make it possible for individualized instruction. Math and reading literacy programs are superior in the state. I believe Middleton students' academic strengths far exceed any students' experiences in surrounding suburbs.

The school is friendly and helpful and the children LEARN!!

The teachers my daughter has had the past 3 years have all been wonderful. Their communication with me has been superb. The education and the way the children have been encouraged to participate is part of what has brought my daughter to a higher level. Even the custodian, lunchroom and nurse have all been great in regards to health and safety of the kids.

Last modified John Middleton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.