Skokie, IL

Posted December 13, 2014
I LOVE this school! Our family recently moved to the area and our children have learning disabilities. The teams here have broken through to their "hold ups" and our kids are doing AMAZING! They are welcoming, easy to talk with and don't mind if you call or email them when you have questions. I ABSOLUTELY love Highland Elementary School! Big THANK YOU to the teachers and committed staff! We feel Blessed to have stumbled across such a great school. Even our kids LOVE this school and their teachers/teamsl!!!

Posted September 17, 2014
This is a great school and a great district overall. My husband and I moved out of the city so that we could send our kids to a good public school but we still wanted the diversity of living in a big city. Skokie is a very diverse community and Highland School does such a great job helping these students transition into the system. I love that my kids go to school with kids from all around the world. Many of these kids are not even English speaking when they come to the school. Besides having a special program for these children they also have the other kids works with these students as well. This builds tolerance and patience towards people that are new to our country. What a wonderful lesson for a child to learn! This school is all about community. I feel my children are not only getting a wonderful education but they are learning so much about respect of other people and their cultures. The principal is very involved and the teachers are all wonderful. Many of the teachers actually grew up in the area and have gone to school at Highland and have sent their own kids there. That says a lot. I feel like our family "hit the jackpot" by moving to Skokie and being at Highland School!

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted October 22, 2010
Highland School makes an exceptional effort to help students at any level get the best possible education from those needing extra help to those that are bored and need extra challenge. Their focus on reading as the basis for all learning has produced some pretty outstanding students.

Posted May 27, 2008

Highland Elementary School
9700 Crawford Avenue, Skokie, IL  60076
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top