Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, the school has a program where children who display these traits receive a "hawk" feather. My children were so excited to bring home the "hawk" feathers that they earned.

Our twin daughters love attending Madison. They wake up each day eager to attend. They love their teachers and all the friends that they have made. The pre-k program offers many activities and programs for the children and parents to attend outside of normal classroom activities.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

we have had nothing but positive experiences with our daughters' teachers. They have been very responsive to any questions or concerns that we have had.

This school is wonderful. My daughter is in 1st grade and wakes up excited for school every morning. I am so thankful that the teachers here do their best to assess each students individual needs and challenge them accordingly.

My son is in 2nd grade this year and he absolutely loves the school and the teachers are great. My son enjoys reading books after his teacher reads books for them in a very entertaining way. He likes to retell me the stories they read and tells me the funny parts of it and tries to imitate the voice along with movements of how his teacher shows them. We are very lucky with that our teachers at the school are great on follow ups with parents as well, informing quickly on whether a child ate or felt not that well via notes as well a e-mail. The music activities provided in the school are very educational, as well as fun, as my kindergartner has been learning new songs almost everyday. My son also enjoys the after-school program provided by Skokie Park District in the school's premises with the gym

Both of my kids have been here since 2007- it is a great school- great teachers- kids love it!

I have a son in kindergarten and we are both quite happy. I love the fact the principal seems to know every child by his or her first name. My son's kindergarten teacher although new this year is absolutely wonderful.

I think however the school is, if the class teacher takes a lot of initiative, the students end up really fine. Luckily for me, my daughter's kindergarten and first grade teachers both are above my expectations. So very happy and i am happy with the way the principal is also clearly accessible to give you views on ur child's progress. Lot of after school activities which started this year and with emphasis on music and gym is great. The class teacher encourages you to participate in class activities,is always available and accepts suggestions if any which is awesome.

Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2