South Elgin, IL

Posted October 17, 2014
We are new to the area. I found it a little odd that there aren't more options for things like open enrollment in the district and that you have no choice but to go to the school you're assigned by address. At Willard, however, I have been pleased by each of my daughter's teachers, amounts of homework (not too much, but not so little that I wonder about what they are learning), the comments they come home with, and the chances we get to connect with other activities like after school open gym and karate. They are making friends and enjoying their new school!

Willard Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
I have one major problem with this school. They are constantly combining grades in classrooms like 4/5 grade and 5/6 grade classes. I just don't think this is fair to the students especially the kids in the older grade. You can't really complain to anyone because it is not the teacher's decision and the superintendents never care. I just wish they would hire more teachers instead of buying computer equipment like I Pads that the kids barely use. No more split classes please, if I had the money I would move or enroll my kids in private schools.

Willard Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2013
We are new to this area and school. I'm not sure how I feel about this school, or the district. I don't feel the teacher cares at all. Playing favorites, is not my idea of a good teacher. I hope that its just this teacher, and things will improve. Hopefully the 5 th grade teachers are better than the 4th.

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2011
I an amazed at the reviews for Willard as well! I have 3 children that go there and I am scared every day of what may happen while they are there. My oldest son has had to go to the ER from school 4 times over the past 5 years do to no supervision while in recess, and I have had to replace my daughters glasses twice for the same reason! The women that are suppose to be watching them stand around in a big circle yapping letting the kids do whatever they want. I'm also very disappointed with the quality of education they are receiving. My oldest has ADHD and it seems as though they just pass on by him ever since he started there when he needed help, and now he is way behind in math because of it! I can't wait to move out of this area so I can get my kids out of that school.

Willard Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2011
I can not believe the outstanding reviews I have read.. I have 3 children who have attended this school and I CAN NOT wait for my youngest who is 8 to be switching schools this fall. The poor secretary is the only person at that school with even remotely a nice personality. The faculty at this school could care less about ANY of these children, or maybe I just missed the "in crowd". When a teacher at this school put her hands on my child, I was told by the principal that they had to dismiss the offense because my daughter used the word "hit" opposed to what actually happened was she was "shoved" Principals words, not mine.

Posted October 13, 2008
I currently have 2 children who attend Willard. I also have a 3rd child who attended kdg. - 6 there and is now at SEHS. I am very proud of how this school has continued to improve over the years. The new teachers that have been hired in the last 5-6 years are great. They have great methods for teaching their students who are at different levels. All the teacher's we have had make me feel like they really know my child and what they need to achieve their highest potential. I also like that is not a very big school and everyone seems to know everyone. The PTO is always planning something fun for the students to look forward to outside of the normal school day.

Posted August 31, 2007
I have two sons that went to Willard Elem School. One started when he was in 4th gr.& the other was when he was 2nd. They're now in jr/hi sch. I have 1 more child at Willard, now in 4th gr. Years have gone by fast and my children always have shared a very positive experience with the school. My oldest son said, 'yes mom, you may have a strict teacher but you will learn a lot from her.' It paid off eventually.He was one of the 6th gr students who got an 'Excel' award. He continued to excel as he left his Junior high with high honors. My second left Willard being an honor student as well. The teachers are very kind,caring & dedicated to teach the students well. The principal is outstanding, highly intellectual & relates himself well with families & students. Methodology of educ is great.

Posted September 06, 2006
I really am happy with Willard.When talking to my friends from the surrounding areas where the teachers and principals don't know there children names or needs, I feel blessed to have a principal who stands on the playground to greet the students in the morning no matter how cold or hot it is outside. And who's office door is always open. The teachers communicate with the parents and truly seem to care about their students and that they learn to their fullest ability.

Posted May 18, 2006
- a staff

Posted April 14, 2006
Willard School has undergone some great transformations over the past 5 years. We have a greatly dedicated group of educators whom work very hard to challenge our children. They continuously work together to improve the consistancy of curriculm within the same grade and the transition from grade to grade. These teachers are excited to be with our children! There are new extracurricular activities being offered: Spanish class for all grades and Young Rembrandts. This school is always been open to communication. There is great potential and parents should take an opportunity to get involved and support our staff in their efforts!

Willard Elementary School
370 West Spring Street, South Elgin, IL  60177
Last modified Willard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top