Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Fox Meadow Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2016
All in all, the teachers are great ! This is the only reason why the 4 star rating. The office staff is rude , and the principal is ineffective and a bully for this I give a 1 star rating.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 14, 2016
Here are the standouts : Mrs. Thompson is a wonderful teacher who my oldest still talks about 8 years later. Mrs. Williamson is extremely helpful and great for anti bullying. Mrs. Hopp is the sweetest person on the planet and is very positive. Mrs. Seyller is great too

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted March 14, 2016
From the teachers , yes. From the principal , NO. She just can't seem to bring herself to the kids level to understand them .

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted March 14, 2016
This school has a huge bullying problem, and nothing is ever done about it. The new principal Ms. Brown is very out of touch with the students, and there is a very weird tense vibe in this school since she arrived. Forget bringing any problem to her attention, she takes days and sometimes weeks to respond , and then gets extremely defensive and turns it back onto the parent or student. Can't wait to be done with this school. On another note , all the teachers but two have been great ( we've had 12 teachers between my kids)

Fox Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2015
The teachers here are great ! Between my two children , we have had most of the teachers....12 in all . However , the new principal that started 2 years ago is terrible. She has a superior attitude, is very abrasive, and does not seem kid friendly at all. I have been a parent volunteer 2 -3 days a week for years at this school, and the whole vibe in the building has definitely changed. Because of this I no longer volunteer .Doesn't seem like even the teachers care for her. After having a small issue that I thought important enough to bring to the principal's attention, I contacted her( first time in 9 years that I felt the need ), and not only did it take 2 weeks for her to respond, but she was not receptive at all , was very defensive, and did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Many other parents I spoke with had the same experience with her. All in all the teachers are great, but the there is a tense feeling in the air because of the principal.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2014
I was a former student at this school and I was bullied a lot. Some of them by the same people that bullied me before. One teacher did something about it but they got rid of him because he would always do plays every year. But they didnt get punished at all. I heard the they would play a board game with the principal after school for 30 minutes after school and call it a detention. It's not right, because that same person would go and bully me the next year. I'm not saying this school needs to be strict, but the punishments at this school don't fit the crime.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2014
The bully issues in this school are ridiculous. My sons teacher in first grade told him if he couldn't read the word then look at the picture. Needless to say I pulled my kid out of this school and have been paying for private school where he thrives!

Fox Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2013
My daughter went to this school for six years and it was great. 2 teacher stood out as excellent , unfortunately the principal is horrible. Thank goodness she has left this year. My son goes their now and he is going into 5 th grade. He was in the split class and myself and my son were not fond of it. Hopefully this August the new principal will be friendly and approachable

Fox Meadow Elementary School 5

Posted June 14, 2011
My son attends Fox Meadow he really loves it!! People complain all of the time about u46 being an awful school district, but I really can't complain. We are involved parents who care about the education our son is receiving. So far it has been outstanding!! Thanks Fox Meadow

Posted October 11, 2010
My son is happy at Fox Meadow and he continues to suprise me with all that he is learning.

1275 Jenna Dr, South Elgin, IL  60177
Last modified Fox Meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.