South Elgin, IL

Fox Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2014
I was a former student at this school and I was bullied a lot. Some of them by the same people that bullied me before. One teacher did something about it but they got rid of him because he would always do plays every year. But they didnt get punished at all. I heard the they would play a board game with the principal after school for 30 minutes after school and call it a detention. It's not right, because that same person would go and bully me the next year. I'm not saying this school needs to be strict, but the punishments at this school don't fit the crime.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2014
The bully issues in this school are ridiculous. My sons teacher in first grade told him if he couldn't read the word then look at the picture. Needless to say I pulled my kid out of this school and have been paying for private school where he thrives!

Fox Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2013
My daughter went to this school for six years and it was great. 2 teacher stood out as excellent , unfortunately the principal is horrible. Thank goodness she has left this year. My son goes their now and he is going into 5 th grade. He was in the split class and myself and my son were not fond of it. Hopefully this August the new principal will be friendly and approachable

Fox Meadow Elementary School 5

Posted June 14, 2011
My son attends Fox Meadow he really loves it!! People complain all of the time about u46 being an awful school district, but I really can't complain. We are involved parents who care about the education our son is receiving. So far it has been outstanding!! Thanks Fox Meadow

Posted October 11, 2010
My son is happy at Fox Meadow and he continues to suprise me with all that he is learning.

Posted April 19, 2010
The education my son received was outstandning. He has so many great memories-thank you Fox Meadow!!!

Fox Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2009
I have been overall satisfied with the education my daughter is getting at Fox Meadow. I am however disappointed in the behavior and responses by the principal to numerous situations. One of those directly involving my daughter. The education seems to be below average compared to other elementary schools in the district. I would like to see more creative and experiential learning in the classroom.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2007
My child has attended two other elementary schools, of which I feel FM is by far the worst. There really is no anti-bullying policy in effect. The extra curricular activities are poor, and do not appeal to a wide range of children. The teachers do a poor job of keeping the class in order. My child had 32 in the classroom at the beginning of the year, and now have a split class to make 25 now. The lack of real parental involvement at home with school work really shows in the classroom. Children could care less about grades. The teachers let other children grade papers, and my child has more wrong than should have been. It didn't matter to the teacher, and she left the grades the same. If more public schools are like this one, its no wonder our children are not suceeding as they mature.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 5

Posted June 12, 2006
I loved their Kindergarten classes and teachers. My child's teacher has been a Kindergarten teacher for 21 years. Their PTO is great. The services they offer as far as social workers, occupational therapy, and speech therapy are incredible and the team work between the teachers and reat of the staff is great. They really put the kids above all else.

Fox Meadow Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2006
The school is overcrowded and overwhelmed with non-english speaking students. The academic programs are hindered by a generally poor attitude among the teachers. Children with special needs are intentionally ignored by the district which increased the critiria for special ed so that almost no child would qualify thru testing done by the school. Parents are on their own and discouraged by the school staff to get independant testing that would require the school to meet any special needs the child may have. Music, art, and other extracurricular activities are mediocer. The running program is good but only due to a personal intrest by one teacher. The football organization provides old helmets in poor/unsafe condition and frowned on parents providing new/safe helmets as those w/o safe helmets would feel bad about how they looked in the unsafe helmets. Parent volunteers are laking with only a few taking an interest in helping out.

1275 Jenna Drive, South Elgin, IL  60177
Last modified Fox Meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Meadow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top