South Holland, IL

Seton Academy 5

Posted January 24, 2014
This a very unique school I graduate 4 years ago I now attend harvard law school it was a great experience for me. They help you get into any university you want too. They help you to get high act scores like I did. They have excellent teachers with a lot of experience on their belt. They help students to succeed in every day life and they give scholarship which is such a nice and giving thing to do. I highly recommend parents to send their teens to this wonderful and rewarding school.

Posted March 14, 2010
This schools faces many challenges. They do not offer enough advanced and honors classes. Their tuition is higher than most private schools in the area but their accomodations are not comparable. The school does not have a library. The building is in need of repair. The office staff is very rude. When you contact them it takes several weeks for them to address your concerns. My child came to this school in his junior year and I did not want to transfer him his senior year that is the only reason he stayed at Seton. As an educator I am very disappointed in Seton.

Posted September 16, 2008
Personally, I feel that Seton can do so much more. We should have a home economics class and drivers ed. Its would be nice to have a working up to date heating system also. Our dean is ok. The teachers are alright. In lunch the line is so long there's hardly any time to eat, and some of us end up late to class. The track team hardly gets any recognition. A lady in the office always seems to have an attitude. They take forever to contact you back, which caused some drama between some parents and the school last year. Every time Seton has an event, they seem to do it the same day another school has an event (ex: Meet the Teachers Night same night as Dirksen's Back to School Night. Overall, though Seton is Alright.

Posted September 03, 2008
Please consider Seton as the administration is new. Principal and CEO both are fresh and energetic to have Seton reclaim the position for quality in education.Chairperson Board of Specified Jurisdiction

Seton Academy 4

Posted March 06, 2007
I chose to send my child to Seton because four members of my family have already graduated from the school and we considered it a premier school. For my first year at Seton; the teaching staff was excellent,the principal was friendly, the office staff appeared to be under much stress and the Dean of Students was a true disciplinarian. My second year at Seton is much different. The teachers are still excellent, but nervous. The principal has caused nothing but bad animosity between parents and administration.

Seton Academy 4

Posted September 19, 2006
I chose Seton academy for my son's freshman year after careful consideration. The small school and the seemingly caring, nuturing and religious instruction was an easy sell to me. So far, the teachers have been great; very attentive, encouraging and organized. The football program is new and it shows. The major issues I have had actually has been with the principal (also new this year) and the main office staff (extremely rude, not helpful and disorganized beyond belief!). The principal clearly has no authority and is very unapologetic for her blunders. If the teachers weren't so great I would definitely remove my child from the school. If you can get beyond the lack of leadership, Seton is a good choice for a more intimate learning environment.

Posted March 24, 2006
Great school, great teachers in science, great kids.

Seton Academy 3

Posted August 21, 2005
seton was an okay school. They had good academic programs available and a great basketball team.

Posted February 19, 2005
Seton Academy does not provide many differentiated levels of instruction and the selection of elective courses is limited. In spite of this void for a truly challenging curriculum, they also do not make any accomodations for students with special needs. The school also lacks solid staff role models and mentors. The result is an average school with an average mentality. If you are looking for a good college prep program this is not the place. Furthermore, if you are seeking a nurturing environment for your child with learning challenges you will be shocked by the mediocre attention to special education accommodations. Truly, Seton is not bound to the same state requirements as public schools, but their choice to ignore accommodations is cavalier in our day and age, from a moral standpoint if not a legal one. Please do not equate authoritarian standards with quality education.

Posted December 06, 2004
This school is not how they make it seem. they are nice and a somewhat good school but it is not the best.

16100 Seton Road, South Holland, IL  60473