9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I attended as a freshman this year and had to be transferred to another school. There were fights at homecoming, teachers are more worried about who's dating who, and the iPad program has worsened the school's academic rating. Afterschool, students would be having relations behind the school which had roven to be a major probem for I. Teachers here cannot even speak with proper grammar. One teacher asked a student who they were dating outloud during a lesson and proceded to tell other teachers about it. Students are given "breaks" during class where they roam the halls with loud music and mouths. Freshmen can be seen kissing seniors at any time of the day. The staff makes a big deal out of the principal because of his connection to an NBA player. However, what principal allows a library full of books without a librarian to check out any? School is filthy and the ceilings are falling apart. All students have lunch together which is complete chaos. Seniors are bullying everyone and staff members watch and do nothing. Make a better decision and send your child somewhere else

This a very unique school I graduate 4 years ago I now attend harvard law school it was a great experience for me. They help you get into any university you want too. They help you to get high act scores like I did. They have excellent teachers with a lot of experience on their belt. They help students to succeed in every day life and they give scholarship which is such a nice and giving thing to do. I highly recommend parents to send their teens to this wonderful and rewarding school.

This schools faces many challenges. They do not offer enough advanced and honors classes. Their tuition is higher than most private schools in the area but their accomodations are not comparable. The school does not have a library. The building is in need of repair. The office staff is very rude. When you contact them it takes several weeks for them to address your concerns. My child came to this school in his junior year and I did not want to transfer him his senior year that is the only reason he stayed at Seton. As an educator I am very disappointed in Seton.

Personally, I feel that Seton can do so much more. We should have a home economics class and drivers ed. Its would be nice to have a working up to date heating system also. Our dean is ok. The teachers are alright. In lunch the line is so long there's hardly any time to eat, and some of us end up late to class. The track team hardly gets any recognition. A lady in the office always seems to have an attitude. They take forever to contact you back, which caused some drama between some parents and the school last year. Every time Seton has an event, they seem to do it the same day another school has an event (ex: Meet the Teachers Night same night as Dirksen's Back to School Night. Overall, though Seton is Alright.

Please consider Seton as the administration is new. Principal and CEO both are fresh and energetic to have Seton reclaim the position for quality in education.Chairperson Board of Specified Jurisdiction

I chose to send my child to Seton because four members of my family have already graduated from the school and we considered it a premier school. For my first year at Seton; the teaching staff was excellent,the principal was friendly, the office staff appeared to be under much stress and the Dean of Students was a true disciplinarian. My second year at Seton is much different. The teachers are still excellent, but nervous. The principal has caused nothing but bad animosity between parents and administration.

I chose Seton academy for my son's freshman year after careful consideration. The small school and the seemingly caring, nuturing and religious instruction was an easy sell to me. So far, the teachers have been great; very attentive, encouraging and organized. The football program is new and it shows. The major issues I have had actually has been with the principal (also new this year) and the main office staff (extremely rude, not helpful and disorganized beyond belief!). The principal clearly has no authority and is very unapologetic for her blunders. If the teachers weren't so great I would definitely remove my child from the school. If you can get beyond the lack of leadership, Seton is a good choice for a more intimate learning environment.

Last modified Seton Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12