Dubois Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2014
There are too many issues here to list. I was concerned for my child's educational future as well as her safety here. I took a second job in order to send her to a private school, Springdale Christian, in order to get her out of here! This was after I tried every avenue possible to get her transferred within the district to no avail.

Dubois Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Very culturally and economically diverse school with great leadership!. The teachers have seemed very invested for the most part. I do not have a problem with a strict teacher, because I believe kids needs structure and boundaries. The parent involvement is not what I would like to see, but not due to lack of effort on the school's part. My child has consistently good grades and scores very well on standardized testing. She has the opportunity to work with other children at her skill level so she is contstantly challenged. The afterschool program that is offered through the local Boys & Girls Club is great. There is homework help with tutoring if necessary and an enrichment activity every day. Overall, I think it is a great school. If you are looking for a new aged, touchy feely school, this is not it. The kids seem to respect the principal and teacher's authority. The kids who misbehave are dealt with appropriately. There are also monthly reward parties for kids who do not get in trouble. Kids are also rewarded through compliments for good behavior. All the things I love about a traditional school, but with the modern technology needed for our kids to flourish in this day and age.

Dubois Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
My girls go to this school. This school is awful!! I stand in line with my yunngest, some off the kids around us say awful things & hit on other children, with teachers standing next to them. The teachers do nothing at all with the bullying. I've walked the halls and some of the teachers are so mean to kids that aren't doing much wrong!,?. I don't understand how they do nothing to the kids that should get intruble. & scream at the kids that only step a little out of line??? I'm now looking for a new school for my kids. Also my kid got food poisoning from this school. She ended up in the er over it.

Dubois Elementary School 5

Posted February 12, 2010

Dubois Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2009
As a parent of a soon to be 1st grader, I was concerned about the schools ability to find funding for staff when My child whom entered Kindargarten last year with a class of over 35. Once funding was approved for a 4th kindgergarten teacher, I felt more at ease. I feel parent involvement leaves much to be desired as it appeared there was little to no involvement from any other parents other than myself and my husband. The school did make several attempts to involve parents, but to our dismay, it was still null and void. For this reason, we may consider a private option if improvement is not made in this area and it would be nice to see the school focus more on this area as there were several issues w/ other childrens behavior in the classroom that was not properly addressed by the parents.

Dubois Elementary School
120 South Lincoln Avenue, Springfield, IL  62704
Last modified Dubois Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dubois Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top