PK, 1-5
Springfield, IL

Posted December 18, 2013
Wait. Which eighth grader are you? I know you're not on my bus. Bus 17? And I agree. We do get more work! Iles is more in depth in academics too. A bit troubling during finals.

Posted December 17, 2013
I am aN 8th grader at Iles right now, and I've had my fair share of not being challenged and trust me it sucks. My scores were lower when I first got there because I didn't have anything to improve on. Iles opens up a route to sucess for me because I can now explore my academic gifts. At my school, they don't just give us more work, they observe and show us what we need to work on and how to do it. I an talk to my teachers about anything and they are always there to listen and help. I love seeing first graders on the bus who will ask me to show them how to use division on the route home because they heard about it and what to learn. Every kid is genuinely interested in their education. In some cases I can even have a political debate with them. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know that Iles earns it achievements and we are proud. Iles eagles will soar!

Posted February 06, 2012
As a former student( graduated to lincoln magnet in 05, then to SHS), this is the best school in springfield. This is the only school where I was ever challenged in the classroom. Im not sure if I agree with making it a middle school, but regardless the teachers are great and very innovative. Wish I could go back, great memories.

Posted February 23, 2010
In this faculty of 16 teachers, there are 3 National Board Certified Teachers and the 2009 Horace Mann Educator of the Year. A number of other teachers have been recognized for excellence in teaching, as well.

Posted April 14, 2009

Iles Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
My child attended Iles and hands down, this is the best school in the city of Springfield. The principal unifies all walks of life and the parents are very involved. The curriculum is very stimulating and the learning environment is the most positive I've ever experienced. The ony problem with Iles is that it doesn't extend to 12th grade. When my child entered middle school, he wished so much that Iles didn't end. He's never liked school since then and he's a very smart young man.

Posted November 11, 2007
Having taught in a number of schools in the city, state and other states, I find this school the most stimulating. We have a great principal and staff that work together to meet the needs of the children. Our parents are supportive, as well. Because our bright students exceed in all areas (#6 in the state), we feel we have some latitude when designing lessons. That makes it fun!

Posted March 27, 2007
Iles combines diversity, challenging curriculum and excellent discipline to create an exciting learning environment for gifted children. The staff is motivated and dedicated to providing each child the best path for his/her learning style. Parents are very involved and supportive of the classrooms and school. I have had two children in the school for 3 years and have nothing but positive experiences to report. This school is the real 'gift.'

Posted December 15, 2006
I think Iles school is a great school for any child who's parents want them to succeed on a possitive course. My son has attended Iles for two years and the education he has gotten from the teachers there has been great for him. I woul recommend this school for every child.

Posted January 06, 2006

Iles Elementary School
1700 South 15th Street, Springfield, IL  62703
Last modified Iles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iles Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top