9-12|Private

Bad
Good

This is from a teacher with her 9 students: SHG is a fantastic school with the motto: "academic excellence in a community of faith". We have around 800 students and we love the environment SHG has created for us. Learning is always possible at such a great school as SHG. The teachers are amazing and diverse, we have smart students, and a kind administration. What makes a good school? I'll tell you. It takes kindness, compassion, love of others, and more compassion. We have all of that at SHG.

As a Sacred Heart-Griffin Illumni, I can say first-hand that my SHG education was second to none. I entered college far ahead of my peers who went to the public schools. SHG not only prepared my for college, but for life. Tuition was worth every penny. If I still lived in the area, my two sons would be at SHG now. I credit a significant portion of my success to SHG.

Some teachers are better than others as is the case everywhere. The leadership at the school from the principal to coaches is so revered by the student body, that using any other standard such as personal opinion would be incorrect. Excellent facilities, lunch food could be healthier. Diversity could be better but I attended a HS near Seattle where we had 2 African Americans in the entire school of about 2000 kids.

Not worth the money. Despite all the "scholarships" they offer lower-income students, if you are unable to pay off your debt by graduation, they will not release your final transcripts to your college. This means that you will not be able to get financial aid for your second semester of college. Completely bogus. This isn't an academic institution; it's a money pit.

This is a top ten school in Illinois of course people are going to say that they dont accept 'lower' people thats not true at all there are so many scholarships to get kids to go there. SHG will prepare all kids for college

SHG does not show diversity and they are not accepting of people who are 'lower' on the income level. This school consists of many doctor's kids. It cost as much as some colleges for one year. Also When it comes to sports, they have not learned good sportsmanship. The public schools in Springfield are just fine and should not be overlooked

I took my kids out of this school after one semester. There is no diversity. My kids thrived at the public schools in town and (I feel) got a greater appreciation for the differences among people.

Last modified Sacred Heart Griffin High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12