Springfield, IL

Posted July 30, 2014
I have two daughters that attend St. Aloysius. I feel completely safe and at ease having my children there. The teachers are very caring , someone's always aware of where they are throughout the day and the doors are locked and you have to get buzzed in.

Posted March 18, 2014
We love that they have small class sizes allowing the teachers to give individual attention to each student. They also invite parents to participate in the school activities which I really enjoy.

Posted February 15, 2014
St. Al's School is the last Catholic School on Springfield's north side. They continue to promote values of faith, family, middle class hard work and determination. The faculty and students at St. Als are awesome. Me and my family choose to be here when we could go other places for our education.

Posted February 15, 2014
St.Als is a wonderful, family - oriented place, where I have seen both of my smart, but shy children bloom. Teachers are so caring and dedicated, from the classroom to the care program. I love the openness of the school, the extra curricular activities including music, sports, and Scouts. I also adore Fr. Clint and his kind manner. St.Als is a North end treasure!

Posted February 14, 2014
St Aloysius was out choice when we moved to Springfield 2 years ago. Both my husband and I were raised in small, close knit, supportive communities, and that is what we wanted in a neighborhood and school. I was so afraid of who would be educating my children, the other peer influences, etc. I have fallen in love with St Al's. From the teachers, to the "lunch lady" to the children form K-8, it is amazing. They not only give them a outstanding standard education, but they learn faith, respect, community, and love. I married into a Catholic family, and I could not be happier that we chose St Aloysius school. Out children are in K and 1st, and we will continue to support this wonderful small school!

St Aloysius Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
St. Al's is a great school with core values and excellent teachers. My son has had nothing but an encouraging and positive experience. His knowledge is well above his aptitude and that is because he is challenged to excel and done so in a nurturing way.

Posted October 22, 2011
St. Aloysius is a wonderful Catholic parish and school. My children receive a great education with the added bonus of growing in their faith. My experience with the teachers and staff has always been positive. Each classroom is equipped with the tools necessary for modern education. The school has well-equipped, up-to-date science and computer labs. This is a fine school with great academics and values.

Posted April 09, 2011
This year I know of three parents that have pulled their children out of this school. And all were in the 7th grade class. Two out of three of the middle school teachers are rude and unprofessional. The principal has no control of her teachers or school. And the kids are out of control. I will not be sending my child back there either for next year. This has been a waste of money. I hear they are close to shutting their doors anyway.

Posted April 02, 2011
St. Al's is a joke of a school! One would think a Catholic school would have a better school climate. The environment is chaotic, some of the teachers are disorganized and rude, and no consistency in discipline and handling bullying situations. I have to rate this school as the worst parochial school in Springfield.

Posted April 01, 2011
I would not recommend this school at all. The teachers we dealt with were unprofessional, rude and confrontational, the bullying problem is outrageous and no action is taken. If your child has any special needs at all do not send them here as they do not have the resources to accomodate.

St Aloysius Elementary School
2125 North 21st Street, Springfield, IL  62702
Last modified St Aloysius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Aloysius Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top