Springfield, IL

Posted October 23, 2014
I have watched my child grow into a responsible young man since he came to Calvary Academy. He has made great friends and has so many opportunities to be active in plays, sports, music. The teachers have worked with him during and after school to help him catch up in those areas where he had fallen behind at the public school. He has gone from a C/D student last year at CA, to an A/B student this year. The best thing about the school is how Dr. Hinckley sits down with each student, at the beginning of each year, to talk to them about their schedules. He talks with them about what sort of things they are interested? He tries to give them advice and assist them in making choices that will help them reach their future goals. I am so impressed at the personal involvement of everyone, from principal to custodian. They are 100% invested in their students and the school. Thanks CA.

Posted November 19, 2010
My daughter has been going to Calvary for a year and a half. She started out in Kindergarten and is now a first grader. The teachers do a fabulous job. The work is rigorous and the expectations are high. My daughter is an active reader and writer because of this. I would like to think that her success has something to do with great genes but I owe most of the credit to the staff of Calvary Academy.

Calvary Academy 2

Posted October 05, 2010
People can say what ever they want to say about this school, we are a great testimony how great CA is. We have five kids, four of our kids attend the Academy. The teachers are all equiped and love each students, the staff are great. You never find any schools in America, that prays in classes and have bible as a curriculum and chapel. WOW, this is why we have our children attend CA, its Christ centered school.

Calvary Academy 2

Posted June 27, 2010
Better than most of the public schools in Springfield, but that is not saying much. If you do not attend the church affiliated with the school you will be outcast. The academics are not all that challenging and there are few athletic opportunities. I graduated from Calvary and do not live in Springfield anymore, but if I did I would send my kids to SHG instead.

Calvary Academy 1

Posted February 12, 2010

Calvary Academy 1

Posted March 27, 2009

Calvary Academy 0

Posted June 09, 2008
Calvary Academy is a great school where students are encouraged to develop academically and spiritually. Very strong sports program and a developing music program. It is associated with Calvary Temple where the programs for children and youth are top notch and abundant. The academy is open and welcoming to all children regardless of economic situation, ethnicity or denominational affiliation.

Posted March 11, 2008

Posted April 23, 2006
academic programs-great music, art, sports -great

Posted February 02, 2006
Calvary Academy is a good school. Our children have been there for almost ten years. We have had a few issues that needed to be addressed. The issues have only been what I believe would have to have been addressed whereever we would have been. The parent participation is good as compared to expectional or poor. The response from the administration is important to me and I have found them to be responsive. My son thinks its important to mention that they have no football. Generally, the school is one year ahead of public schools in this area.

Calvary Academy