St Charles, IL

Posted July 02, 2014
All of my kids have attended this school and loved it. The curriculum is challenging and the teachers are really involved. The only complaint I have is that they have really long time lines on when assignments can be turned in which isn't the best way to prepare them for high school. However on a positive note, they do emphasize learning the material rather than cramming it in their head and regurgitating it which is how it was done when I was in school.

Posted June 22, 2014
My son loved his recent 3 yrs at Thompson. We were new to St Charles when he entered 6th grade and he had no problems fitting in and making friends right away. The teachers at this school are very quick to respond to email and phone calls. They follow up the same day and are truly concerned about your child. My son was in advance Math and on honor roll but really struggled with keeping his focus on grades his 8th grade year. All of his teachers made a point to contact me if they saw his work sliding or not getting turned in before it became a huge problem. I'm looking forward to his freshman year at East High School because the teachers there have been just as attentive to my requests on coursework and help identifying which classes he would be successful in since he is eligible for most of the Honors courses they offer.

Posted November 05, 2011
This school has the best choir director in the state Michelle Toms Rybski/ nures/ doctor/mother well you get it she is kind and caring.

Posted July 01, 2009
This is the best school ever the teachers actually care and have a sense of humor unlike most teachers

Thompson Middle School 0

Posted July 01, 2009
This school is awesome the teachers awsome mostly the ones the rhym with dorm and music

Thompson Middle School 1

Posted April 16, 2009
Our family has had the great fortune of having children attend all 3 middle schools in St. Charles and we can sadly report that the attitudes and tension evident at this school makes me feel sad for the staff that have to work under the demands of the principal who is clearly 'in charge'. There is no comparison with the other 2 schools that are amazing and have wonderful leadership.

Posted January 26, 2009

Posted November 13, 2008
All of my children are going to Thompson and I love the curriculum there. my daughter loves school and all the teachers are caring and nice

Thompson Middle School 2

Posted October 03, 2008
I have not been too happy about the fairness of discipline at the school. It seems that when there is an incident, all parties involved are not confronted and disciplined.

Thompson Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2007

Thompson Middle School
705 West Main Street, St Charles, IL  60174
Last modified Thompson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top