St Charles, IL

Posted August 29, 2013
Our child attends Ferson Creek Elementary and we have been very pleased with the education at this school. Every teacher our child has had has been an exceptional educator and the administration staff is also very helpful and together they strive to really challenge the kids at the school. I appreciate the strong push in math and reading and I like the large academic goals that they push to achieve and exceed. The renovated library looks great and the push to have updated technology (laptops & I-pads) accessible for the kids is fantastic. I appreciate a school that doesn't settle for being academically average and pushes to achieve greater than average. The community of parents that support this school are exceptional as well.

Posted July 26, 2011
Great school! We have had children attending Ferson since 2007. The Early Childhood program is fantastic. The EC teachers and staff truly care about the kids, and it shows. The principal and staff are very friendly. We have been very happy with the our experience.

Posted January 25, 2011
My children have gone to Ferson Creek since the fall of 2007, and we have had only positive experiences with the teachers, students, staff, and principal. It seems that some of the older reviews of this school are outdated.

Posted January 13, 2011
Excellent teachers,principal and services. If you have an issue- they are responsive. District 303 also deserves credit. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you have concerns. National test scores appear well above average. Children are very kind. No matter where you go-- It's what you make of it. I think they give you opportunity above others.

Posted December 04, 2010
I volunteer at Ferson Creek several times a week. The staff and teachers are friendly, and the students are courteous and respectful. I like the amount of collaboration between teachers of the same grade level.

Posted February 01, 2010
I love this school! My son has a young new teacher and I find her to be very animated and fun while still providing an education of substance. My son came home telling me how much he likes his principal. When I was his age I was afraid of the principal.

Ferson Creek School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
Pick your poison - an inexperienced young teacher or a jaded, tenured one that takes off a ridiculous amount of sick days, leaving her students with a string of subs. My kids come home and report they had a sub at least once a week. What should be a fabulous school, considering the wealth and eagerness of parents to be involved, is instead mediocre. Classes are over-crowded. 23 kindergartners?! Appalling.

Ferson Creek School 1

Posted December 11, 2007
The teacher to student ratio is not good. Also parental help for crucial learning is not utilized. A very disappointing experience.

Ferson Creek School 4

Posted March 24, 2006
This is a great place to be. Even though there have been five principals in five years, the teachers have really pulled this place together and their effort, care, and concern for ferson creek students and families is apparent.

Ferson Creek School 4

Posted March 24, 2006
At ferson creek, parents want to be everywhere. What they don't realize is that the teachers are the certified, and trained professionals. Parents need to back down and let teachers do their jobs. Although it is nice for them to offer additional assistnace in the classroom....That is clearly a poor decision as parents are clueless of best practices in classroom education. I would not any parent to help teach my child reading, writing, or math. I want the trained teacher to do that. Bottom line...Parents need to back down and let the teachers do what they do best...Teach. I have observed parents walk around that place like they own it. Sorry, but they obviously need a job of thier own. I only wander, is that how you walk around your doctor's offices- unannounced and expecting to be seen without an appointment? Let's gain some respect for these professional teachers- many ma degrees!

Ferson Creek School
38w160 Bolcum Rd, St Charles, IL  60175
Last modified Ferson Creek School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ferson Creek School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top