Glenbrook Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
This school has been a tremendous educational institution for my 2 kids. Even though they are only in Kindergarten and First Grade I couldn't be happier with the dedication that is felt by all of the teachers and staff members. It is obvious that our principal has great leadership qualities that definately are carried through to the quality of education provided.

Glenbrook Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
My son currently goes to glenbrook. This is his second year. I have been so disappointed in the class sizes, the resistance for early intervention for learning issues and lack of consistency in his teachers. His teacher's classroom looks like it shoukd be on an episode of hoarders, she does not allow parents to participate in class partiea and only communicates via notes in the assignment notebook. I had to call the principal in order to get a parent teacher conference scheduled. This will be his last year at this school. If you have a choice, do not send your kid to this school. It has been a nightmare.

Glenbrook Elementary School 5

Posted August 15, 2013
Glenbrook is a really great school. My daughter went there for first grade after having went to a private school in kindergarten. She loves her school and so do I. The teachers, principal, and support staff are all very friendly and helpful. I love how many family activities there are, especially Family Fun Night. The only negative thing I can say is I wish there were more teachers and more parents attending the events. Other than that the school is a wonderful school. I can honestly say I prefer Glenbrook to my daughter's previous private school.

Glenbrook Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2009
Glenbrook Elementary school is just a great all around school. The teachers and principal really care about the students and the parent involvement is great.

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008
There's good and bad in ALL educational institutions. To try 'pigeon-hole' a school for a review does a great disservice to the school. Some of the faculty are fabulous, while others severely lack. I am a parent that appreciates dialogue with teachers, also being a certified teacher myself. I feel there are some wonderful opportunities for students. There are a lot more activities and events than when I was a student at the school. Overall, I feel the school is dpoing its best to educate our students for the future. It's not a perfect system, but our only other option would be to either move or go the private school route. For me, neither of those are an option.

Glenbrook Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2008
As a former PTG President, I can honestly say that Glenbrook is a great school! My children have received a good education that will hopefully carry them far throughout their lives. The only downside to Glenbrook is the lack of staff participation after school hours. Glenbrook has at least one family event per month and children love to see their teachers outside of school! The teachers and staff should take these opportunities to 'bond' with the Glenbrook families.

Glenbrook Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted March 24, 2007

Glenbrook Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2006
As an out of state new resident, i am stunned that kindergarteners only go to school for 2.5 Hours a day? In my opinion, this is a waste of the most valuable time in a young child's life, the time when they are most susceptible to learning new ideas and material. We came from a state where there was state funded pre-k, in which students went to school for 6.5 Hours every day. To take a 4 or 5 year old in that type of environment that puts such a high emphasis on learning to this environment which does not seem to value education at all would be a joke, if it were a laughing matter. Further increasing my dubiousness of the school system in general is the fact that i can pay for daycare at school, if i want my child to attend 'school' longer.

Glenbrook Elementary School
315 Garden Circle, Streamwood, IL  60107
Last modified Glenbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenbrook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top