Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The teachers go above and beyond to make sure the students achieve goals. The pta is strong and have great ideas for fundraising which helps with providing tools for the school to keep up the best as possible with technology. The principle devotes a lot of extra time and is there for all after school programs, activities, and pta meetings. All staff have an open door policy and when I have emailed teachers about a concern they respond within a day to the emails. Overall I have had a great experience at Glenbrook.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every teacher has their own ideas about homework. Every child is different. It's hard to say what is too much unless its your own child. I feel it has been just right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Glenbrook uses a PBIS behavior Curriculum. The students learn from an early age about bullying. The school has assemblies to further enforce this issue.

I am a parent that has been at the school for 6 years. I've never had a situation that was not taken care of immediately by the teacher and/or Principal. The Principal is approachable and knows every student by name. I am glad we went to Glenbrook (even over other schools in the area) and would recommend it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Both of my children have had great teachers through out their Glenbrook careers. Each one has been great at the level they are teaching. Thank you Elizabeth, Stacy, Barbara, Karen and Chuck.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have personally experienced a teacher at Glenbrook who gave out 3+ hours of homework and assignments over school breaks. A year later the Principal made it a point to monitor this particular teacher and she now only gives out a maximum of 2 hours of homework. I find 2 hours appropriate. Good point to take from this is when there is a problem, if you discuss it with the Principal she will listen and advocate for the parents and children when there is a problem.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Glenbrook community promotes "Glenbrook Pride". The kids have a motto they recite directly after the Pledge of Allegiance. I do not know the words but it mentions being responsible, respectful and safe. I have been at the school when a teacher refers to the motto and will ask the child did their actions follow it.

Glenbrook has a very involved PTA which is strongly supported by the Principal and the Teachers. They all provide fun events for students and parents. They provide programs and supplies where U-46 fails to provide. The support staff are all friendly and genuinely concerned about the children and their well being. Most importantly because of the diligence of the Principal and her staff I feel my children are safe at the school.

This school has made my family feel very welcome. Everyone from the office staff, to the teachers, to the school librarians are always friendly and helpful. Any issues I have had have been dealt with quickly, fairly, and in a professional manner. The staff at Glenbrook really care about the students. All of my child's teachers have been wonderful. She has really loved all of them. Last year my family went through some changes and I was concerned about how my daughter was reacting to them. I contacted the school and was immediately put in touch with the school social worker who met with my daughter. I was impressed how quickly this was handled and I really appreciated the social worker keeping in touch with me.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

After having been at the school for three years now I can honestly say that I do not think Glenbrook has a bad teacher. Yes, some of the students and parents get along better with some teachers than others, and yes the teaching styles of some teachers may work better with one student than another, but overall, all of the teachers have something positive to offer Glenbrook. All of them take their jobs seriously and love working with the kids. Having attended three different elementary schools myself, I know how important it is for a child to feel safe, cared for, and to enjoy being at school and the teachers at Glenbrook strive to do just that. I think that teachers in general are not appreciated enough for all of the work that they do both in school and outside of it. I believe that people may not hesitate to speak out on the negative, but have second thoughts about applauding the positive. I can positively say that Glenbrook has great teachers.

Last modified Glenbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.