Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

One of my children enjoys the engineering (robot) building class. Other than that in my opinion they are not that effective.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Lots and lots of busy work. The is a huge difference between busy work and knowledge building work.

Develops character: Disagree

Too many fights, bullying, and thefts. I have spoke with the admin knowing nothing will change but as a parent I had to voice my opinion.

My son was struggling with school and doing homework the pm school really helped out. Thank goodness for Mr Harshbarger who worked closely and kept my son on track. After some time we had our son tested and he has ADD so we now have a 504 plan in place.

My son was in 7th grade last yr in this school. I'm Byast that my kid is smart but he's in no way a genius! He passed with all As and Bs and got honor roll 1 out of the 4 quarters. I have to say I was skeptical of this school but was very pleased. My son said there were a few fights but every school has them now adays. I never got any calls for anything concerning. The teachers there pushed my son and helped him to achieve his full potential. He went from grade school barely passing and getting referrals to honor roll and being well respected by the personnel. From my experiences I am very excited for my daughter to be going here this yr also. I fully believe it will be a big turn around for her also. I would recommend this school.

I graduated from tefft this year although it has a lot of awards. This school doesn't do much for its students very cheap school. The graduates don't get a special trip or cap and gown. I rarely saw the principal interacting with kids. I had a problem in gym and went to the student principal but he simply said it's not his department and sent me away. It's not organized and one of my teachers didn't seem to know much and was very awkward. There are a lot of fights there. And a lot of drug use and the teachers and principles don't seem to do much. If you got caught smoking or bringing drugs to school a 1 or 2 day suspension is all they receive and it's out of school so they are getting a little vacation for what they did. It's annoying and there are a lot of bulling going on. I know from experience. Don't really recommend this school. Unless your super smart or a trouble maker you won't get noticed..

My son was at another school and was not doing well, once we moved to Bartlett and he started going to Tefft, his grades became so much better and he's now graduating.

I just got off the phone with the super attendant and he so nicely told me i am not allowed to move so my kids will go to a different school. I want my kids out of Tefft and if that means I have to move I do believe that is called FREEDOM and according to my constitutional right I am allowed to move where ever I want for whatever reason I choose. Tefft Middle School is not a very good choice. Unfortunately it is filled with a bunch of kids that act ghetto and the parents don't care. I will home school my children if that's the choice I am left with. I do agree with the last post that the teachers are great, but unfortunately their hands are tied.

Good SWAS program ,excellent teachers.

to me tefft is the greatest school ever it made me so much smarter in alot of ways and interacting with all of the other students is a great way for me to not be shy about going to school anymore the teachers are so cool and the rest of the staff is also we do stuff like the three r's and that is respect your school respect yourself and respect others and that to m e is a great message to everyone

Last modified Tefft Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.