Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is horrible!!! My kids have learned absolutely nothing. The principle can care less about the children and their education. Teachers are lazy and don't teach much, half of the time they sit around talking instead of watching the kids at recess, one kid left school grounds during recess and nobody even noticed. One of my kids got seriously ill from the school serving expired food for a week before realizing the food went bad. This school needs a serious renovation of all its teachers and principle. District U-46 should be ashamed of themselves for even keeping this horrible school open.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

As I stated earlier the school discourages the children from coming forward. I can count on more than one hand how many times one of my child came home from school with a black eye. I had enough and let the school know I will be getting the police involved. It took me almost calling the police right then and there for the school to finally decide to get involved.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

One of my children is given certain accommodations for learning. I have to fight almost everyday because my child is not given the accommodations that he/she is required to have. What is the point of having these hour long meetings every year if they are not going to use these accommodations for my child.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Children are bullied on a daily basis. When a child goes to a teacher or faculty member about being bullied they are scolded for "whining" about being bullied or picked on. When the child starts fighting back to defend their self they are given a referral and punished for being forced to save themselves. This school is worse than a prison.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers spend way too much time bulling the children for not knowing the curriculum, but only because they are simply not teaching the kids the curriculum. Kids are teaching kids at this school. The teachers focus more on groups because they are to lazy to teach the class.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teachers do not give the children homework most of the time. This school should start using a syllabus in order to insure the kids learning continues outside the classroom. This will force the teachers to show the parents what is actually given for home work, and also that its not just a doodle sheet. I should not have to come home from work and have to teach my kids what they should already know.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are phenomenal and approachable. They truly care about the children and want them to succeed.

Amount of homework: no rating

While at times I feel it may be a little excessive at the end of the day I have seen a tremendous jump in my child's scores.

Our family has been with Oakhill for the past two years. Both my daughters are in the one way dual and their teachers have been phenomenal. I am always able to reach out to the teachers and they are always available. The principal is very caring and truly has the best interest for the children. The staff at Oakhill all care about the kids and do whatever they can to make learning fun. I love how my girls love to go to school and it amazes me how much they have learned. We have a lot of events that take place at our school and have lots of extra curricular activities. I am a true believer that it's not just the teachers and staff that help a child succeed, it's also the parents. Any question I have I am always able to reach someone I have never felt secluded or at a lost.

I've been at Oakhill Elementary for about 10 years now and have seen changes over the years, but one thing remains the same: the students and teachers work as a family. The teachers care about their students and it shows in the way they spend time above and beyond the school day. The school is beginning to use a postitive behavior system to ensure a quiet and mannerly learning environment. I like the positive attitude that the staff shows the students. The walls are full of vocabulary, math visuals, student art. It's a very good place to be.

Last modified Oakhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.