Bad
Good

I found myself in this school. During middle school I was a coward, frightful, and constantly being ignored or bullied for my shyness. Starting my fourth year here I can honestly say I changed for the better; I gained more confidence, strength and a will to succeed no matter how hard life can be sometimes. I will always be proud that I attended SHS, because it is where I got my second chance to be the person I want to be today. I believe this school was a blessing to me. Go sabers!

Probably one of the worst schools to be at. Has drugs, guns, fights every other week. It sucks. There are some good teachers and then the other handful are either rude, or don't care.

I have had two of my sons graduate from Streamwood High School. They had an outstanding experience at the school, so much that I one of my children is studying to become a teacher and wants to go back to SHS to teach. They both were academically challenged, received good scores on their ACTs, both attend college and received outstanding scholarships. The school is diversely populated which gave them a sense to treat everyone as their brother or sister. Are their problems in the HS, yes, all high schools have problems, but it is the parents responsibility to be in tune with their children. I have heard numerous parents complain about U46, but when I asked them what they have done for their children to help them, they have nothing to say except that it is the schools responsibility to attend to their needs. I really don't know when this practice became the norm. My kids will always be proud to have attended SHS.

This school provides everything your children could need academically. Having 18 AP classes along with the WLIS Academy its the perfect experience!.

Absolutely awful, and I feel sorry for anyone that has had the misfortune of being forced to attend this school. It's filled with drugs, gangs, and pregnant teenagers. Deans harass students constantly. (I was verbally abused for holding hands with another student, and written up pulling on a winter hat on a -15 degree day just before I left the building, for example.) Teachers have either given up, or don't care. Young, up-to-date teachers are fire over those who should've retired 20 years ago. Bathrooms are disgusting at all times, classrooms are overcrowded and small. Teachers "teach" from the textbook, word-for-word, and focus exclusively on standardized tests. Unless you are a student involved in a sport or one of the many gangs,, you will absolutely hate it here. Unless you join the academy, you will NOT receive a quality education. Advice to deans, staff, and police security officers: Stop harassing students for IDs, hats, and holding hands. Start worrying about the rampant gangs, bullying, awful teaching standards, theft, and general unsafe and unsanity environment you are forcing children to spend 8+ hours a day, 5 days a week in.

My daughter is in her 2nd year at Streamwood, she loves it. She has joined many clubs and sports....She loves to participate and if more kids would particpate I think they would make a difference in the schools spirit. You get out what you put in!

The students and staff are really dedicated to trying to make a difference.

Streamwood High School is dedicated to helping our students realize and maximize their individual potential to become responsible, productive and contributing members of our community and society.

I love Streamwood HS because the teachers really seem to care.

We love the Acadamy which is really strong and helps our son to achieve his best!

Last modified Streamwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.