Summit, IL

St Joseph 0

Posted October 13, 2010
This school is like a big family. The teachers know all of the children and help them to learn what they need to live and succeed in our world.

Posted June 09, 2010
I moved into the neighborhood about 7 years ago and started with one child attending now three of my children attend. This school offers a strong foundation for your child. I am proud to say that my children attend St. Joe's. I've never seen such a dedicated school. The familys that are there welcome you with open arms.

Posted August 29, 2009
I am in 8th Grade this year and I will miss St. Joes . I loved the teachers, they were all understanding and helpful and they are all my favorites. I do some extracurricular activies, Volleyball, Girl Scouts, etc... I have A.D.H.D and it is a hyper disorder and everyone is very understanding. Mr. Manetti is awsome, I talk to him everyday, he stands outside in the morning and greets us, stands outside after-school and says 'have a nice weekend', 'see you tomorrow', he walks in and out of the class rooms and sees how we are doing, and during lunch he walks up and down the tables and helps us open our lunchs. If you forget your lunch at home, he makes you a lunch if you can't get someone to drop one off. St. Joes has one class room per grade and my class this year only has 16

St Joseph 1

Posted June 06, 2009

St Joseph 1

Posted November 09, 2007

Posted November 08, 2007
My child loves this school and the staff. Mr. Manetti (principal) is so great. He takes time to know each childs name. He is in the parking lot every morning while the kids are waiting to get in the building, and every afternoon as the kids leave for home. It gives a parent a sense of security knowing he is there.

St Joseph 4

Posted October 01, 2007
This school is warm and very welcoming. The teachers are very patient and kind, but firm when needed. My kids love their scool and they take alot of pride in their school. I only wish that there were more activities for younger grades. The activities they do offer are pretty good.

Posted May 22, 2006
- a former student
Very good school. Not many extracurricular activities, but the ones available were great.

Posted March 17, 2005
St. Joe's offers my 2nd grader a higher level of learning than most neighborhood schools. The majority of students are academically prepared to enter the high school of their choice. Extra curricular activities are offered at the intellectual and physical level for all grades. The parent volunteer base is an outstanding benefit for this school. The reason I chose St. Joseph instead of another parochial school in the Garfield Ridge or Clearing area is because of the small class size and the friendly and inviting atmosphere projected by the staff & parish families.

Posted May 27, 2004
I really like that St. Joseph is a small Catholic School. I feel they get such a better one-on-one interaction with the staff and make friendships with their classmates that last through 8th Grade. My son is going into 1st grade, he loves it there. Mr. Manetti is a very devoted principal who trully looks out for our kids. I highly recommend this school.

St Joseph