Taylorville, IL

Memorial Elementary School 5

Posted January 26, 2010
I had no idea how wonderful this school was until we moved away. The communication alone is worlds ahead of what we are experiencing in a not so distant elementary school. Although class sizes are a bit larger than is ideal, the teachers make EVERY effort to give your child the attention they deserve. I am incredibly pleased that they began their education in that school. It has been 1.5 years at their current school and aside from foul language and inappropriate sexual innuendo, I do not believe they have learned a thing from their current school. Best of luck to all the parents investigating schools. Remember, everyone has a different experience and it really IS what you make of it.

Memorial Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2009
We have had a wonderful experience in this school. As a parent with a child with ADHD, I have no complaints with the way my daughter's teachers have gone above and beyond to help her. She will be leaving this school next year and I can only hope she gets the same excellent education in her new school.

Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2006
I don't think that this school is very good at all. The classrooms are overfull with students, the teachers do not have help in the classrooms like teachers aids, because of this, the students that need extra help can't get this help. They do not offer programs to help students that need this extra help because of lack of funding from the district. You basically have to find a school that is small and have smaller classes to get more one on one help with a child that needs it. Also, the schools gym and cafeteria are in the same room. I think that is very unsanitary. I would not recommend this school at all to anyone. I would rather pay to send my child to a private school if this school was the only school close around. I would home school my child rather than send him there.

Memorial Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2005

Memorial Elementary School
101 East Adams Street, Taylorville, IL  62568
Last modified Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top