Tinley Park, IL

Posted September 11, 2013
This is a well organized school that makes the transition for 6th grades very nice, and 8th grade into HS. The teachers are involved and always in contact when needed. My son enjoys it there.

Posted August 22, 2013
So far so good. I was very displeased with my son's previous school and am very excited about him attending Prairie View. I was very pleased after speaking with the staff during registration and my son appears to be very happy with the school. It was discussed on the first day of class that bullying and racism among other things are not allowed. We will see what the rest of the school year brings.

Posted December 04, 2012
Let me say, as a former student, my time at Prairie View was amazing. First off, I knew almost every teacher in the building. There are plenty of teachers throughout the building, but they all care enough to get to know each student they possibly can. They really care about you being successful and comfortable in the school, instead of it feeling like a prison. The education is great. Teachers do a great job of teaching things in different ways to keep kids interested. To the reviewer who talked about bullying and all that -- yes, there is some bullying throughout the school, as there is in EVERY school. Teachers, staff, and administrators do their best to keep it to a minimum. They do a pretty good job, too. While I was there, everyone got along pretty well. Now that I am in high school, I look back at how much fun I had. I learned so much, and still had the time to have an amazing time. Also, there are plenty of clubs student can join. From sports, to pets club, to other things, there are plenty of extracurricular activities. Overall, as a former student, I loved Prairie View and miss it so much. I strongly suggest it if you are looking at moving to here.

Prairie View Middle School 1

Posted April 23, 2011
As a former student at this school, I honestly can say that Prairie View is a terrible place for anyone at this age. One can compare the attitude of the student body to that of the Cook County Prison, only the strong survive. Bullying, racism, sexism, and homophobia runs rampant through P.V. The administration has also done nothing to combat the bullying. The flawed zero tolerance policy they have fails to recognize that there are students who bully other student unprovoked and that the other student might have done nothing to provoke the attack. Academics are no better, the majority of teachers have the idea that nagging is an effective tool for student sucess. The worst thing about the school is that the faculty fail to realize mental illness and address it properly.

Posted September 19, 2006
This is an excellent school whose staff has impressed me since day one. Huge difference from Chicago Public School which I transferred my son out of. PrairieView respects the parents and doesn't have a hostile attitude towards parental inquiries or concerns like Chicago does.

Prairie View Middle School
8500 175th Street, Tinley Park, IL  60487
Last modified Prairie View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie View Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top