Virgil I Grissom Middle School 4

Posted June 25, 2011
I just graduated this year. The staff is great, in the office and the class room. Teaches, even the new ones, put so much effort into the curriculum and care so much for us once you show your interest in academics. The chorus is great, but the focus on athletics is excessive. If your child is in G.A.T.E (Gifted And Talented Enrichment) the curriculum really is a lot harder. More new clubs and activities are starting to sprout, but not enough to balance athletics. Snowflake is fun, which is a day when 7/8 come to school on Sat. and learn to make good choices. Over all good, not amazing. Just that they need more clubs. The ones we have now are excellent though, they just need MORE!!

Virgil I Grissom Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is a very good school with great teachers and great students.

Virgil I Grissom Middle School 0

Posted June 01, 2009
This school is very nice.Alot of teachers have been there a long time.And say all the students are very nice.

Posted May 01, 2008

Posted August 02, 2006
Last year was my daughter's first year attending Grissom. Since transferring to Grissom she has a very high positive attitude towards going to school. The principals and teachers are absolutely wonderful and are very encouraging to the students. Not only is the curriculum top notch, but the student body as a whole get along and respect one another. We are very happy that she is attending Grissom and highly recommend it to anyone. Each child has their own identity and with the positive learning environment at Grissom and parental encouragement and involvement your child should excel there.

Posted June 06, 2006
I am very pleased with Grissom. The curriculum is exceptional and my son was always eager to come home and tell me the new and exciting things he learned. If I ever had an issue or concern about my son I would write a note in his binder and a teacher would call me within hours of my sons arrival that day and anything that needed corrected or a solution to the problem was in effect that day. Because of the great communication between teachers they were all upto date on what needed to be at attention and it was handeled. My son did not get involved with band or sports but there were always papers coming home to have the students aware of the opportunity. That also included dances or other events. The few times I was at the school I noticed a high number of parents volunteering.

Posted November 21, 2005
hi i am a student from grissom middle school (aka gms)gilbert P. broderick 7th grade green team i really do think this is a good school homework wise they dont give alot out test wise 1 ever month quize every 2 weeks the teachers they are all cool and fun if u think about enrolling your child in this middle school u are making a good choice so please come 2 this school were always looking for new people to meet and new things to do

Posted August 24, 2005
Grissom is all about quality education. The classes and teachers are excellent. I have had experiences with 4 of the kirby school district 140 schools and have no complaints.

Virgil I Grissom Middle School
17000 80th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL  60477
Last modified Virgil I Grissom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virgil I Grissom Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top