Walker Intermediate School 1

Posted September 26, 2011
Although this school has won awards for outstanding achievements; I am concerned that the school is focused on just that, "outstanding achievers" and the children who fall beneath that are left behind on numerous levels. Besides not being assisted academically, their emotional needs and over all security are lacking. Although bullying and respect are the school's mantra; these do not seem to be the priority to the educators and the administration, which presents as a conflict to the children that attend the school having no advocates when a situation with a bully arises. I am not able to rate the education as it's early in the year, and basic needs are not met at school, as in Maslow's laws,so the academics at the school are a moot point.

Posted December 18, 2007
This school is amazing! The teachers are some of the best I have ever experienced. Also to compliment that the staff is exceptional. The principal and assistant principle are very caring and are always very professional. I just wish my son could attend this school for more than two years.

Posted July 03, 2007
I am a parent in this district and I feel that this is a great district with wonderful caring teachers. I have a child in 5th and 6th grade, and can say only wonderful things.

Posted July 18, 2006

Walker Intermediate School 4

Posted June 26, 2006
- a former student

Walker Intermediate School 3

Posted January 27, 2006
I am very disapointed in this school. My daughter's teacher had students grade papers and they did them wrong which lowered her grade. I am pleased with the band and dance/orff activities. Overall I feel my daughter is forgetting things she learned in 4th grade and is now struggling with schoolwork. I would go bak to the Frankfort 157-C District if I could.

Walker Intermediate School
19900 80th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL  60487
Last modified Walker Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top