Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
This school ignored my child's disability, just kept passing him without extra help so that he would eventually be out of their hair. Unacceptable!

Posted March 21, 2013
have had all of my children in this school over the course of many years. The teachers are all so very caring and helpful. We have had a few changes in principals over the years but this year they really found the perfect one. He is so involved with the kids, parents and staff. Morale is terrific and they always have fun activities planned though out the school year for the kids, reading nights, family fun nights etc. Teachers, principal and staff always put in 200%of their time for our children during school and after as well. Love the reading programs that are enforced to inspire the children and get them motivated. We have a wonderful PTA and they organize so many fun activities throughout the school year. A very family friendly school, I couldn't be happier. Have also had involvement with their early learning program at the school, and cannot not say enough, they are so caring and helpful. I do not know where we would be without their nurturing, guidance and kindness.

Memorial Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
Don't think this is the greatest school in the district. It's currently not meeting federal education standards, and my children have both struggled. We moved last summer and are now in a better district, and my kids are doing so much better! My son actually enjoys reading now.

Posted September 21, 2009
Memorial School has the Best Staff, Students & Families.

Posted September 20, 2009
I am a parent that has had 2 children go through and 1 who is currently attending Memorial. Through the years, all the staff members give their all to students and parents. They are very attentive, stay up to date with the latest information and teaching techniques.

Posted December 04, 2008
I am very pleased with Memorial School. Bringing on the new staff and students due to the Fulton rebuild, I am impressed with the job they have done. I was concerned that my son wouldn't be challenged enough (already reading before K), but they have a program to keep him up on his reading skills. I get to help his K class out weekly,which is great and I get to see how well the staff works with the kids and how attentive they are to students that are more behind than others. Thank You Memorial!

Posted July 02, 2008
I have had two children graduate from Memorial and one still going there. This school goes beyond the normal and extends itself to every student there. Everyone gets the right help for that individual student.

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted December 14, 2007
With one child who 'graduated' and two others who currently attend Memorial, we are very satisfied with this school. Our children consistently test in the high nineties percentile in all areas. We believe that our children are getting a quality education at Memorial. Besides the regular curriculum, there is also an emphasis on strong moral character. The teachers and administrative staff are responsive. The student body and parents are friendly and unpretentious. Most important, our CHILDREN love Memorial!

Posted July 04, 2006
My husband and I transfered our son to Memorial School from St. George School halfway thru 1st grade. We were very nervous about our decision to switch schools, our older son graduated from St. George and we had always planned that our younger son would do the same. What a surprise we had! We had always thought that the Catholic schools were ahead of the public schools academically. That is not the case with Memorial school. Memorial School's academic program is far more advanced than St. George. My son loves the school, and my husband and I love the teachers and the other staff.

Memorial Elementary School
6701 179th Street, Tinley Park, IL  60477
Last modified Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top