PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The school has a new principal who has made so many positive changes this year. The school has acquired a grant that has enabled it to purchase iPads and Chrome books for the students, and a reading specialist for students having reading difficulties. Christian values are integrated throughout the students' learning experiences. The school is building up the students both spiritually and academically.

St. George Catholic School is an outstanding school thanks to the efforts of the new principal this year. She continues to work hard utilizing many fresh ideas. Students, staff, and parents appreciate her can-do spirit.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. George Catholic School is a warm and welcoming place due to the efforts of the new principal this year. She retooled the curriculum, created a wonderful learning environment for staff and students steeped in values like honesty and fairness, and greatly appreciates the hard-working parents. She obtained for St. George a $40,000 grant for student I-pads and Chrome books. An exceptional curriculum leader and religious leader, our enthusiastic principal does it all and is greatly appreciated.

My child has attended St. George School for six years. We are very strongly pleased. The school's new principal in 2013-2014 has revitalized the "feel" of the school. The teachers, with the principal, seem to have ramped up the curriculum to be more challenging this year but also more strongly supportive of students with difficulties. My child, like several in the class, required support. The teachers and school set up that support system for the students, where their learning is reinforced and supported, but they socially are not "marked" for needing help. My child's teacher this year is experienced but clearly enjoying the engagement of the students. We are knowledgeable about great teachers and see our child benefiting from St. George's. We also are very, very pleased with the meaningful racial and ethnic diversity of the student body and the curriculum. My child, who is not white, has never experienced once instance of racism at school and has been learning substantially about African-American and Native American history for several years now. We have experienced racism elsewhere recurringly, so St. George School is a safe place.

We too were very unhappy with the principal at this school and transferred out. It was a very disturbing experience. This school and parish has been losing many people to the beautiful St. Stephen Church and other close-by private and public school. The pastor and principal were not welcoming at all.

Weather your child is a star student or one that needs a little help, this small and approachable school is worth the price of admission, The teaching staff embodies the kind of student focused attitude that only small class sizes can afford. While other schools focus on only on top shelf students St. George recognizes that each student possesses individual potential. It is a small school with a big heart.

SGS is for parents who are looking for a challenging curriculum. All of my children were reading real books upon completetion of PreK. Tuition is one of the lowest in the area. They have sports AND clubls for ALL students. PTL does a great job providing many extras that are not found in public schools. The Band program is excellent. The Extended Day program is safe and organized. Test scores exceded my expectations. Teachers show commitment, low turn over. The upper grades is lacking in Math, a new program will be in place for the 2008-2009 school year. Class size is small, this allows the teachers to spend individule attention. People who transfer usually do so for financial reasons.

I have had children at St. George for 6 years now and it has been worth it. The teachers I have worked with , so far, have been very patient, kind and effective. The only problem I have had is with hardly anything being done to punish bullies that have been complained about over the years. IT's almost like no one wants to make waves. However, I have volunteered a lot of my time over the years, and I am serving my second term in PTL. We need more parents to step up and volunteer more often to keep this school going. It's hard on all of us, but we do it for the kids.

I have 2 children at St. George School and am very happy with what they have been learning thus far. We've been at the school and actively involved for 5 years. The faculty is always approachable, the principal listens, people complain but they don't do anything about it. My kids who I would describe as average everyday kids scored unbelievabley well on all standardized tests that they have taken. Yes, I have heard that the upper level math program needs some serious help but I believe that they are working on it. A parcochial school is a place where parents need to be involved. This is not a 'private' school, this is a parish school where yes you have to practice your faith. The church underwrites the school in a big way. People need to look at all the facts. I'm happy. amen.

The school is average. The math classes for the upper grades is sorely lacking. I just get a feeling from the principal and many teachers that they are just putting in their time until retirement. After moving to the public school, I have experienced a more Christian and caring attitude from the public school teachers, nurses, and prinicipal than from most teachers in the upper grades at St. George, who tend to rule by yelling, and giving out threats that the students know will not be administered. I had truly hoped and prayed that a Catholic school would provide a better learning environment for my children.

Last modified St George School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8