Tinley Park, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 18, 2010
My older daughter attended SCCS from 1st through 8th grade and now my younger daughter is attending. I love this school! Besides the top- notch academics and full curriculum including, computer lab, library, art, music, language, sports, etc...my 8th grader graduated with confidence, compassion, a love for God and His word, leadership skills and great friends. She was totally prepared for the college prep high school she is attending. My younger daughter is have the same great experience. It's worth the investment. Great administration, great staff, peaceful environment and a fun community of students and parents.

Posted May 16, 2010
SCCS of Tinley Park is a beautiful place where teachers, staff and students are affirmed. The key is leadership! The principal is kind, sharp as a tack & brings her 'A' game to the job every single day! We aren't here this year because of the commute, but have attended recently. Nice facility, great core academics plus Spanish, Art and Band. This is a 'bully-free' environment where children are educated about the effects of their actions on others. Also, they become aware of "God's World." An excellent value! Transparent, accountable leadership...happy kids...talented teachers. Check it out!

Posted April 09, 2008
This school is an excellent place for children togrow in knowledge and understanding of God and his creation. My children love attending here! The school has a very welcoming environment for both students and parents!

Posted January 11, 2006
This is my son's first year at Southwest. He loves it! At first, I was a little reluctant to enroll him, because he was the only African-American in his class and I did not know how comfortable he might feel with this ratio. Well, the students and staff they are warm, friendly and welcoming. The curriculum includes Spanish, Computer, and Life Skills. The teacher/parent communication is exceptional. This school has the perfect combination of Academic/Spirtual environment. So far, the only problem I have is deciding what to pack him for lunch, since there is no lunchroom. This is a small inconvience for all that this school provides. I give it 5 stars!

Posted January 25, 2005
My daughter will be completing her first year at Southwest in June 2005. Initially, it was quite an adjustment for her. Teh cirriculum was alot more challenging than her previous public school Espiecally, the math. She was also a minority. Which stress for both my daughter and I. However, now 1/2 way through the school year, I realize that I did make the right choice. Everyone, parents, teacher and the pricipal, have been warm and welcoming. All of her teachers continue to check in to see how she is doing. And make sure that she is doing well and not just 'surviving'. My daughter had noted that the standards are 'higher' than her previous school and admit that their standards more closely match those her father and I uphold. They have afterschool sports, and intramurals available for most sports. Once they enter 5th grade, they can choose between choir and band. So the music department is good. The school also requires a community service project each semester, which has been a wonderful eye-opener for my daugher. There are only two negatives about the school. No after school care and they don't have hot lunches everyday.

Southwest Chicago Christian School
17171 S. 84th Avenue, Tinley Park, IL  60477
Last modified Southwest Chicago Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Southwest Chicago Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top