Bad
Good

I went to TPHS from 1993-1997. I am satisfied in general with the education I received there however looking back, I wish I had been challenged more. I did like the lower head count and teacher to student ratio.

I went to TPHS from 95-99. What I can say is that I received a good enough education to get into a near ivy league school, and because I was able to play sports at Tinley, I was able to get some financial aid to go to said school and play for another 4 years. One thing that Tinley has going for it is a lower student count and a good student to teacher ratio. Im not sure why someone on here would care how the team has performed at their last few home comings, but Tinley has had MANY successful sport teams in most of their provided sports. I think students at tinley have the ability to shine and are more likely to be noticed! That is hard to find at alot other area schools.

My child received an excellent education from this school and the district as a whole. He also got accepted into a fantastic collage.

Move out of the district if you have to so you can avoid this miserable high school. Horrible curriculum.

Poor school. Complete lack of a challenging curriculum. Poor educational techniques. Only come here if you want a sub-standard quality education for your kid and want them to pass. They can work in Mcdonalds for the rest of their life!

While TPHS isn't bad at getting average students into mediocre colleges, it offers little encouragement for students that have the potential to attend more respectable universities. They must address this in order to be on par with the good public schools in the area.

Because it has awesome swim program for kids and aswesome pre shoool

It's small enough to allow the students to actually know each other. No oversized impersonal atmosphere here! The staff actually remembers the alumni too!

Ok, lets try and cover some of the things that have been brought up in other reviews. I attended TPHS from 2004-2007 so I can say I have some of the most recent experience here. First of all, a football team doesnt make the school. We didnt have Lincoln Way East's or Joliet Catholic's type of prestige level. The football team is made up of the local kids that want to play. As far as athletic opportunity, this school is second to none. Secondly, the school is not racist or anything of that nature. The diversity in this school is what makes this school so amazing. We dont have tension between races or anything like that. Never had any problems with gangs. I had the opportunity to go to Andrew, Lincoln Way East, and Sandburg after 2 years at TPHS and I passed it up to continue going there.

Tinley Park High School is Well Rounded, academically, well positioned for our children. Teachers are Outstanding, Caring professionals, who want to see our kids be successful.

Last modified Tinley Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.