Posted October 02, 2013
Great stuff! It's quite self explanatory, but you should just check it out yourself, just to be on the safe side.

Posted June 19, 2013
This school was really horrible. I hated so much. The teachers were horrible. Thank God my child graduated safely. Never ever go there.

Posted December 15, 2012
Victor J Andrew great School Academically, great parent involvment in a great community, Totally recommend if your thinking of moving , and its based on schools, VJA HS is terrific place.

Posted January 22, 2012
We as parents have been blessed to be financially able to send our three children to any private school. They completed their elementary school years in private school. Our decision to send all three of them to Andrew has been the best decision we have made. Andrew is wonderful school - from the superintendent down to the cafeteria ladies - It is a top notch school and if your children want to learn they will get an outstanding education here! We love Andrew High Scool!!!!

Posted August 02, 2011
it's a awesome school and it has awesome food there too but they are to strict about the dress code and the deans is way to mean

Victor J Andrew High School 2

Posted June 13, 2011
I graduated from Victor J Andrew High school last year and had horrible experiences with the staff. I feel they are too arrogant and disrespectful to the students. I have had many encounters with racism and harassment from teachers and deans as well my counselor.I have been treated unfairly becuase of my race, even though I have never gotten into any trouble I was continuously harassed by the dean. Every problem I had while attending there was left unresolved. There is no surprise VJA has so many great ratings since the majority of students attended are white.

Posted March 22, 2011
I have graduated from VJA last year and I can say, without a doubt, that it is a cross between a dictatorship and a prison. VJA is more concerned with disciplining students than trying to solve the problems that causes students to act aggressive and hostile. Many teachers overlook bullying, especially when it concerns homophobia, and in most cases both students get into trouble, even if the student being attacked was defending themselves. Athletes are usually top priority for the administration as they get the most leeway concerning grades, disciplinary action, and just being the favorite students in general. In most classes, the teachers feel that their class is always top priority, thus leading to an unbelievable amount of busy work. The worst problem I had with Andrew was the overall attitude of the student body as a whole. Many students that attend VJA display racism( especially towards the Muslim community), homophobia, xenophobia, classism and are, in general, rude. I'm not saying every teacher or student is bad at VJA. There are good and bad everywhere. When it comes to VJA, the bad outnumbers the good tenfold and nothing is done to stop it.

Posted February 06, 2011
I think this school focus more on th discipline then the education. I feel like im in prison. They have outragous "policies" and are difficult to work with. There seems to be more and more rules and the dress code is getting out of hand. If they put more focus on the education of their students then the rules and punishments they can give, I think the students would be much happier.

Posted February 04, 2011
Unfortunately, the Andrew HS administration has lowered their expectations of athletes in order to finally have a winning basketball team, It is a shame that they gave up the good reputation its basketball staff and school administration once had. This once respectable school lets players do whatever they want with no consequences.

Victor J Andrew High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandson is in his 2nd year at Andrew and is a member of the drama club. It is a great orginazation. The plays are produced as well as any professional theater I have ever seen. Andrew is a first-class school and I am happy that my grandson is a student there.

Victor J Andrew High School
9001 171st St, Tinley Park, IL  60487
Last modified Victor J Andrew High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor J Andrew High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top