Tremont, IL

Tremont High School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
Good 'ol boy politics are alive and well at Tremont. Cheerleading tryouts were a farce. Just needed a connection and everyone knows it. Shame on you.

Posted March 06, 2010
Excellent school with high quality teachers and staff. Good athletics program. Good community, safe from drugs.

Posted November 24, 2008
I attended a small-town school (not Tremont), and now that my own children are attending THS, I'm very pleased that THS is surpassing my expectations by comparison. Despite being a 'small town school' with limited resources, the administration is extremely progressive. I see administrators at nearly every extracurricular activity, and they are truly invested in the school. The art and music programs are very strong . My children have the option of leaving THS with numerous college credits, and the school is expanding its AP and dual-credit courses. Yes, the course offerings may seem limited, but the school has to place teachers where they are needed most. My only complaint would be that my children have found a teacher or two unapproachable, and because this school is small, my kids have no way to avoid those teachers. The majority of the teachers and staff, however, are extremely responsive and helpful.

Tremont High School 4

Posted October 27, 2008
I am a former student of Tremont Grade School, Junior High, and High School, and my brothers are both currently at THS. While the curriculum is challenging, it is extremely basic--you get your math, your science, your literature, your history, etc. The teachers there can't be generalized, because some are great and some are horrible, but that isn't the main issue. You don't learn agriculture, and Tremont is a farm town. You don't learn English, you learn literature--most of the people in my grade did very poorly the one real English and Grammar class we had, and that class is no longer offered. You don't learn much culture at this school. The number of specialized classes is hardly mentionable, and there are NO advanced or honors courses. There are also very few courses that will provide you college credit.

Tremont High School

Posted July 30, 2007
Tremont's students are some of the brightest I know. Not only are they very smart, the teachers care a lot about student's educations and do whatever it takes to help them if they're struggling. The sports programs are average, they don't offer a wide variety but still they manage. The music department is also highly impressive. However I suggest not sending your child here if they hadn't gone to elementary school there because they will struggle to meet the high academic requirements and not to mention the students at THS are not exactly accepting of new students.

Posted July 23, 2007
If you're looking for a great education and a safe school and community, Tremont is definitely the school in Central Illinois. There are no comparisons to the benefits that Tremont School District has to offer. Whether you are a working parent or stay-at-home, there are so many ways to be involved with the school and your child each and every year.

Posted June 25, 2007
Tremont schools are a step back in time. The teachers and staff are truly dedicated and the students receive a quality education. There is not a lot of violence or drug-related problems. Academics provide a good balance between being rigourous, but not 'over the top.' It is a great place for kids!

Posted October 15, 2006
I have two children who attended Tremont Schools from kindergarten thru 12th grade. As a parent, I feel my children received the best education. Tremont teachers focuses on high quality academic programs and helps each child meet their potential. Tremont may not offer much in extracurricular activities and sports, however I did not send my children to school for the sports. I sent them to school for the education and preparation for their future. I personally want to thank the faculty and supportive staff for all their wonderful work they have done. It has not gone unnoticed.

Posted October 27, 2005
Tremont is a great place for students to learn and grow. The opportunities for students to be involved in quality sports programs and in the arts are great.

Tremont High School 3

Posted October 07, 2005
As a graduate of THS and now a parent of a TGS student I have mixed feelings about the Tremont Schools. The lack of extra curricular activities was one thing that dissapointed me with my school experience there. Being a small town school has an effect on the amount of activities offered. Also for being a farm based community, Tremont does not offer any sort of Ag classes or Future Farmers of America orginization. They stressed lack of interest but I think that the administration and board should have taken a survey instead of putting us all on a one track education. Not all of us were college bound. Also another complaint is the fact that if you are a parent that would like to be involved there is no way you could be because Parent's club meetings are during the day. Makes it difficult for single working parents.

Tremont High School
400 West Pearl Street, Tremont, IL  61568
Last modified Tremont High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tremont High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top