Vernon Hills, IL

Hawthorn Elementary School South 1

Posted March 14, 2015
The district is not special needs friendly. They will do as little as possible and wording is very deliberate so accommodations are offered but do not legally bind them. Administration will definitely retaliate, district staff and board condones it as well. Do not make the mistake of thinking that their intention is to help, they protect their budget. Family after family have had terrible experiences.

Posted March 08, 2015
My three children were new students this year. They love their school so much they don't want to miss a day even when they are ill. The teachers are dedicated and the PTO is phenomenal! We are so happy we moved here!

Posted May 25, 2010
It's a great school! My son and daughter enjoy every learning experience here. Thank you very much to all the teachers and staffs.

Posted June 04, 2009
My son started going to Kindergarden this past fall. Overrall the program that Hawthorne uses is awesome. I love how they teach the kids how to read. Its unique and the kids love it. The teachers are so so... But what I like is the reading program... and you can buy it in Barnes and Noble but they know how to teach the kids.. which can't all do.. thats why they are the teachers..

Posted May 31, 2009
I love this school. The principal is superb. Very involved, very energetic and committed to a safe learning environment. I have 2 children in the school and the teachers are wonderful. They are very dedicated and create an environment where my children are interested and excited about learning.

Posted December 10, 2008
I am so surprised the school is only a 6! I'm a parent of a first grader. We have had an excellent experience at the school. The Prinicipal is involved with the students and we've had great teachers. Special needs students seem to be taken care of nicely at this school.

Hawthorn Elementary School South 4

Posted March 13, 2006
Very happy with academic program and level of phy ed, music & art. My child is taking advantage of the after school ceramics classes and orchestra. My child has greatly improved in one year!

430 North Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills, IL  60061
Last modified Hawthorn Elementary School South is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorn Elementary School South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top