Vernon Hills, IL

Hawthorn Elementary School South 1

Posted November 01, 2014
Beware - The district is NOT special needs friendly. They are particular in language on 504 plans as well as IEPs as to limit what they really have to provide.

Hawthorn Elementary School South 5

Posted May 25, 2010
It's a great school! My son and daughter enjoy every learning experience here. Thank you very much to all the teachers and staffs.

Hawthorn Elementary School South 5

Posted June 04, 2009
My son started going to Kindergarden this past fall. Overrall the program that Hawthorne uses is awesome. I love how they teach the kids how to read. Its unique and the kids love it. The teachers are so so... But what I like is the reading program... and you can buy it in Barnes and Noble but they know how to teach the kids.. which can't all do.. thats why they are the teachers..

Hawthorn Elementary School South 0

Posted May 31, 2009
I love this school. The principal is superb. Very involved, very energetic and committed to a safe learning environment. I have 2 children in the school and the teachers are wonderful. They are very dedicated and create an environment where my children are interested and excited about learning.

Hawthorn Elementary School South 0

Posted December 10, 2008
I am so surprised the school is only a 6! I'm a parent of a first grader. We have had an excellent experience at the school. The Prinicipal is involved with the students and we've had great teachers. Special needs students seem to be taken care of nicely at this school.

Hawthorn Elementary School South 4

Posted March 13, 2006
Very happy with academic program and level of phy ed, music & art. My child is taking advantage of the after school ceramics classes and orchestra. My child has greatly improved in one year!

Hawthorn Elementary School South
430 North Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills, IL  60061
Last modified Hawthorn Elementary School South is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorn Elementary School South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top