Villa Park, IL

Posted February 20, 2015
Excellent school. The staff works hard to make sure each student's needs are cared for in an individual basis. All three of my kids enjoyed it there and performed very well.

Posted April 17, 2014
My grandson goes to North School, he likes it and all his teachers. I like the programs and activities they have.

Posted October 08, 2013
After attempting to home school for 1 1/2 years, I took a tour of North and was so impressed with the principal and the teachers that I met. I enrolled my daughter and she is now attending for the second year. Every teacher that I have met has genuinely cared for my daughter and is committed to providing a safe place and good education. In the first couple of weeks she was there she came home crying that a boy growled at her on the playground. I contacted the teacher and she told the boy that my daughter was new and should know better and then did role playing with my daughter to help her know what to do in a similar situation. All my emails or calls were always promptly returned. This year there is a new principal and one day they tried something new and that was to invite parents to the kids recess. I was happy to see him playing with the kids and that he knew their names. All the teachers make the school a great place to be and I am very happy that my daughter is now going to North school.

Posted April 03, 2012
North School has been through some re-visioning changes and they have made a difference. The principal, nancy Munoz, has been an incredible catalyst for positive change. She and Fred Leinweber, the assistant principal, for a great team to lead North. What hasn't changed are the consistently awesome teachers that are both caring and able to lead our kids to be the next great generation. All schools have their hang-ups and this one is no exception. However, this school's positive points outweigh them by far.

North Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2011
North School is GREAT! The teachers are VERY CARING and on top of issues when they come up! The Principal is GREAT and the Asst. Principal is FANTASTIC! We have been very happy with the 2 years our kids have been at this school!

Posted August 24, 2010
North School is GREAT! I moved to this area and my son was entering 1st grade. His teacher was wonderful. Whenever there was an issue she would email me or send a note home. I was able to just drop by to check on my son as well. Everyone at North School was nice.

Posted July 22, 2010
This is a great school. The teachers are amazing. They do everything they can to make learning fun for the kids. There is a small but strong PTA that does many things for the school and the kids. My only concerns is the District cutbacks, I hope the larger projected class sizes will not be too much of a burden on the teachers.

North Elementary School

Posted March 06, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten and he loves his teacher and classroom. He enjoys going to school at North everyday because of the wondeful teacher he has. But, the downside to this school is the Principal. She lacks common people skills, and does not know how to talk to children, or parents in the event of an situation. I have never seen her say good morning to my child or another child on the playground.

North Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2008
A gifted child will be lost at this school. North spends it's resources teaching those who refuse how to speak english (and obviously not very successfully, as my older knew kids still in esl from this school while in high school) and dealing with discipline problems. Too much money is spent on day care programs, and little time and effort is spent on gifted children. Gifted children will be our future. The children who are ignored by parents and in day care 12 hours a day, and whose parents won't bother to learn english will not be the ones making our future. It is sad, but true, not the children's fault, but the school needs to only use immersion language programs to teach english. In immersion, children learn english by being surrounded by english. No other languages can be allowed, and then they can sink or swim by their effort.

North Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2007
We moved out of villa park because of the school. They really need to fix all the problems with bad behavior. I thought it was 0 tolerance. The kids with good behavior get over looked. The teachers have no time for teaching. So my daughter was so far behind in her new school. North school needs a a lot of work. my daughter is in a great school now what a difference. She is learning and is much happier.

North Elementary School
150 West Sunset Avenue, Villa Park, IL  60181
Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top