Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 18, 2015
Jackson is mostly neutral in this regard, nothing really to say. Although during some of my 8th grade experience there was some drama which may have caused me to be less than honest...

Jackson Middle School 2

Posted July 18, 2015
2011-2012 were decent for the most part, even good, but the reason I am only giving Jackson Middle School a 2 star rating is because it completely went down the gutter in 2013, or when I went into eighth grade. While (for the most part) the staff there is real good, the District 45 board is horrible. They implemented a 9th period day which completely screwed me over, and are considering implementing a 10th period. Also the board moved an assistant out of two classes for no good reason.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 18, 2015
For the most part the teachers ranged from decent to great. There were a few bad ones, but those were only the minority. However, the bad teacher I had was the whole reason I dropped from a more advanced science class to a less advanced one.

Jackson Middle School 5

Posted October 30, 2014
I have been a student at Jackson Middle School, and both the teachers everyone else there gave me the best middle school experience I think possible. It is an award winning school in multiple aspects-music, sports, and academics. And to the whole staff, I'd like to say, thank you for the wonderful years, and for all the knowledge that you helped me aquire!

Jackson Middle School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
While it is early in the year, I have been impressed from the beginning. I find that the school is organized and has high expectations for all students. However, with the expectations come support so that children (and their parents!) may succeed. Homework is reasonable and appropriate as it relates to classwork. Students are taught study skills as part of the curriculum. While there is no recess, there are many opportunities for (supervised!) social interaction, such as group work within class, as well as extra-curricular activities. I appreciate that there are TWO periods for math--this helps students go deeper and become more solid in their skills and understanding. There is communication with the high school and elementary schools, so there is an overall plan for students. My suggestions for improvement would be more communication with parents, as it varies among teachers greatly, as well as the principal. I would also recommend more projects that encourage high-level/critical thinking, though I have seen evidence of some already. Overall, I feel very confident that my child is receiving an excellent education at Jackson Middle School.

Jackson Middle School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
This past year was our daughter's first year at Jackson and she had a wonderful experience! Teachers are caring and concerned and listened when I had to call or email. Extra curricular activities are great to get involved in there. The bus situation was fine for her, no problems there. There's zero tolerance there and discipline policy is effective.

Posted June 05, 2013
Jackson Middle school has been a horrible experience for my son. Bullying there is dangerous and school admin and Assistant Principle Dr Ritchie has done NOTHING. Do not send your kid there if you want them to be bullied. Only a few teachers there have concerns about your child's grade. So glad to be out of the whole district!

Posted December 06, 2012
This has been a horrible experience moving here and for my child attending Jackson Middle School. I want to share my story with parents of middle schoolers who plan to move to Westmore Apartments. July 2012 before I made my decision to move and sign a 1 yr lease I contacted Jackson Middle School to see if bus svcs was provided and was told yes by several people. They clearly stated bus svcs was available as well as an alternate (paid) bus svc if the regular bus was full but then during registration I learned I was lied to. My child was denied bus svcs because they said we lived 1 1/2 miles to the school. Even the alternate bus svc route would not come to or near Westmore Apts., which means my child woulld have to walk in hazardous conditions, or use unsafe taxi svcs @ 30.00/day @ 600.00/mo. Winter is coming and my child can not walk in hazardous conditions. The principal did not want to talk about it, calling himself the messenger. (RUDE)! The district turned their backs. Buses with empty seats go north/south on Westmore in AM/PM passing our building and will not stop for mid.schoolers here. What a mess for single parents with no support. Dist. 45, you need to update policies.

Posted May 18, 2012
This has been a horrible experience. All my sons have been bullied and embarrassed, their grades have dropped because of it, yet when i contact staff they do nothing about it. The teachers also refused to help me with the situation. I'm done with this school.

Posted July 31, 2011
Bad school. Nice teachers, but horrible behavior. Lot's of bullying goes on at this school. Bad experience!

301 West Jackson Street, Villa Park, IL  60181
Last modified Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top