PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

A first class education, with a first class staff. My wife and I put our son here, and he is thriving academically, physically, and socially. He gets a lot of individual attention due to the small class size. The atmosphere in the halls and classrooms is very positive. The staff is professional and nurturing, and very efficient and responsive. His teachers have been high quality, and the administration itself is proactive and reaches out to the parents. We'll keep our son here, and recommend this school to others.

A Parent - My child has been at St. A's since Kindergarden and within a few years he will be attending a public high school. We are very impressed with the quality of education our child is receiving. One of the tag lines at St. A's is "We teach more" and they do, more than public and more than other private schools, perhaps it is the smaller class sizes or higher parent involvement/ volunteers. Not sure. While no school is without it challenges, the faculty truly cares and works towards solutions if given a chance. In fact a few teachers were actual St.A's students themself. I cannot think of a better testimony than that. Their love of starting a career of teaching and giving back to to community started with St. Alexander. What also impressrs me is the Athletic Program with the smaller class size has posed some issues but my child gets the opportunity to play any of the four sports offered at a VERY reasonable price.

The staff is "cliquish". You will notice this when you attend open house. Nobody will greet you or make eye contact. You get a strange feeling from day 1 from this place. If you volunteer to help out, you will get an email from the teacher asking you to go shopping for her class. Bizarre. You get things in your child's backpack from other kids, sometimes even lunch trash in the backpack. Terrible experience, poor quality education and odd staff. The administration seems to support mediocracy. Run for your life.

Be cautious of the preschool program for 3 year olds. You want a place where they are guided and taught, and not scrutinized for typical little 3 year old behavior. There are plenty of options in the community.

St. Alexander School is fantastic. I went there for 8-years, graduating in the early 1990s. Our children are currently enrolled there, and they absolutely love their classmates, teachers, and principal. My St. A s experience really paid off. I went on to attend college and graduate school and now have a solid career. I attribute most of my success in life, thus far, to this school's close-knit, nurturing atmosphere and outstanding faculty. As with *any* child enrolled in *any* school, there were periodic rough patches, socially and academically, but I overcame these challenges. They made me a better, stronger person, and I am glad to have had these experiences. The school s sports program and academic trajectory has always been, at least, very good. Enrollment is increasingly, and, in particular, the class sizes of the younger grades are really expanding. This bodes well for the school and community s future.

An anonymous slanderer posted a comment on October 15, 2012, decrying the school's supposed political ideology and alleged culture of mediocrity and bullying. Saint Alexander is obviously a parochial, Catholic school but a *tolerant* Catholic school, at that. While I attended, I had Protestant classmates and a handful of peers from irreligious households whose parents sent them to St. A s solely based on its reputation as a PHENOMENAL school. These students simply did not make their sacraments with the Catholic students and graduated with their own faiths (or lack thereof) still intact. I am in touch with many of these non-Catholic former classmates, and they greatly value their experiences at St. A s. I think it says more about our anonymous slanderer than it does about St. A s that, all these years later, s/he is anonymously defaming the school on the Internet. If anonymous truly still feels that traumatized, then anonymous should seek professional help for his/her problems rather than dissuading parents from providing their children with a stellar education. In other words, this critic s problems are deeper than any issues related to this fine school. Long live St. Alexander

I went here. I went here from age five to age thirteen. It was horrifying. The academic standard is terrible. The bullying culture is encouraged. My experience at this school largely contributed to my struggles with depression in early adolescence. The irresponsible track system and terrible teaching the reason I still struggle with math as a young adult. My little sister--my bright, happy, friendly little sister--was recently pulled out of this school because of intense bullying and faculty apathy. If you want your child to mingle only with the whitest and blandest America possible, participate in nothing but sub-par sports, be shamed for having interests like reading, math, or art, have a political agenda pushed on them from a young age, receive a less than satisfactory education, be targeted by their teachers, and be asked to simply "ignore" or "play nice with" their tormentors (especially when their tormentors make up four of the sixteen people in the room) despite consistent evidence of a serious bullying problem, than by ALL means, send your child here. If that's less than palatable to you, I suggest the public option.

Our son attends Saint Alexander and it is truly like no other school around - a small family enviroment with teachers who truly care. Each child receives the personal attention they need to ensure they are confident and successful. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else!

A very caring and nurturing school environment. The academic curriculum is strong and cohesive, with an emphasis on our Catholic faith. All the teachers and staff give the students the individual attention needed for both academics and social well being. A great place to learn and grow.

I definitely will recommend this school to anyone looking for a great education with a strong Catholic Faith behind it. The class room sizes are perfect, and the one on one attention your child receives from his/her teacher is by far the best. My son is in kdg I plan on being there till he graduates 8th grade with his brother 3 years younger to follow. St Alexander s School in Villa Park is so certain that you will love their school and the curriculum that they are offering lower tuition to all new families who enroll. Now that s worth trying. With the cost of education no a days sky rocketing it is a great thing that a school can stand behind their word and offer a excellent education, more one on one attention for your child at a affordable rate!

Last modified St Alexander School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8