Villa Park, IL

Posted December 03, 2013
My oldest has been going to IFS for 5 yrs now, and my youngest for 2 years. The past two years ever since Omar Qureshi and his dedicated assistants have taken over, the school has completely changed for the better. I am very happy with how they are managing the school. I love that my kids are performing 3 grades higher on all of their standardized tests but are not overwhelmed with homework when they come home. I went to a fully packed Coffee hour with the Principal on November 21st and was very impressed by his presentation. I want to thank him and his staff for doing such an amazing job presenting all the facts in a clear and concise manner. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a solid foundation for their kids.

Posted December 01, 2013
I have been going here for over a little over a decade and I'm absolutely proud. The sense of community and family is very heartwarming. The principal is a mentor for many and truly knows how to take the school to better places. I will always be thankful for him. The parents are very involved and there has been a lot of spirit in the air with the Spirit Shop. Our academics alhamdulillah are improving with AP scores being higher than schools such as College Preparatory School of America last year. This is not a school where all you do is learn and forget life, you grow spiritually in the deen and mentally in knowledge. I would recommend people to send their kids here because it truly is one of a kind. The masjid it has is great too.

Posted November 25, 2013
I am very satisfied with this school. It has much to offer, and the most of the staff is very dedicated.

Islamic Foundation School 4

Posted March 25, 2013
This school year (2012-2013) has been an awesome school year for both students and parents. Our new principal, Omar Qureshi, along with his two really dedicated assistant principals, Ghada Fahmy and Saadia Shariff, have really done an outstanding job! They have implemented so many useful programs and have really worked hard on the curriculum to bring our students up to higher standards in education. We have more after school programs and tutoring that has been such an enormous help to our students. The parents too have done an incredible service to the school and have been fighting for the rights of teachers and have been there to support the staff whenever they can. This year the IFS community really felt like a big family and I really applaud the hard work, determination of each and every individual who has helped. I only see a brighter future for our school and I really do hope that the community can pull together and get that new building completed. Thank you to all of the dedicated staff, teachers and parents that have worked so hard this year! You ALL are outstanding!!

Posted March 19, 2013
Its a great school I GIVE 5 starts to elementary because i don't no anything about middle school n high school yet

Islamic Foundation School 1

Posted November 28, 2011
Islamic Foundation is falling apart. They are doing what they can to maintain their public appearance while the foundation of the school falls apart.I feel as though many of the programs offered are only added to the list for the school to promote but there is no substance. Teachers seem under qualified and unmotivated. Also, most importantly, from students to administration I feel it portrays the most unislamic behavior of the islamic schools in the area and I dont consider myself to be very conservative. I have been associated with the school for many years, but finally decided to cut ties.

Islamic Foundation School 1

Posted October 18, 2011
The school's management is not well run. The administration talks a big game but rarely follows through. The parents who contribute more monetarily seem to have more of a say in how the school is run than the school itself. I have seen grades be overturn for these families and major ethical and behavioral violations be overlooked for children in these families. I was disappointed with the open door policy allowing students who were dismissed from other schools be allowed to enter into IFS. I paid good money for my child to attend IFS only to be surrounded by misbehaved peers and unislamic distractions. The PE program at this school is a joke. The school is over crowded and they try to cram an extremely high amount of students (50+) into an elementary school gym with not nearly enough equipment...not to mention PE teachers who do not seem to care to improve the overall health and wellness of the students. Many teachers are outdated and underqualified. The ones that are not....have heavy course loads and are unable to teach to the best of their ability......i have too much to say and not enough room. Very dissatisfied with this school and the way it is run.

Posted August 25, 2011
IFS school is improving every year in all avenues. Management, Staff and most teachers all professionals and are very approachable to discuss any issues/questions/concerns. They are aggressively finishing the new building that will help accommodate the growing numbers of students..I believe now they have 800 students...and still growing!!!. If you are planning to get your kids admission esp in earlier grades..act early or else you will be on waiting list and will not be able to get in. School lunches (optional to sign-up) are catered from local halal restaurants daily. School doesn't provide any transportation for kids and you are on your own to pick/drop your kids. Audio/Video equip/smart boards, Computer Lab and Library all have improved a lot. Recently a great effort is made to engage parents with improved PTA. Last point with no mean to offend anyone is ..you can send you kids to IFS for learning quran and islam..wearing hijab etc.....but if you don't yourself practice or provide the same supportive env. at home than it will be a waste of your money and time.

Islamic Foundation School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
My kids get a great education from teachers that care.

Islamic Foundation School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
MY FOUR CHILDREN ARE STUDYING THERE AND ONE GRADUATED FROM THERE. IT IS A SCHOOL THAT IS PROVIDING A COMPREHENSIVE EDUCATION TO MY CHILDREN TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE, RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND OVER ALL TO BE A BETTER PERSON, CITIZEN.

Islamic Foundation School
300 W Highridge Rd, Villa Park, IL  60181
Last modified Islamic Foundation School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Islamic Foundation School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top