Wadsworth, IL

Prairie Trail School
Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 28, 2015
There are only Ipads. Which teaches them to be on Ipad all day. They still need to learn to write with Pencil but they dont think its necessary

Prairie Trail School 1

Posted August 28, 2015
I had to withdraw my child from this school. It is terrible. There are Fist fights in the classroom, screaming and children out of control. I can write these things as I have witnessed it myself. I decided to start volunteering in the school once my child came home telling me all these horrible things going on. So I have witnessed children running and screaming in the hallways while teachers do nothing, Students talking back to teachers and teachers do nothing, Students doing things in the classroom after teachers have asked them to stop over and over. I never see anything done. My child was bullied and even hit by another student. I was never contacted by the school I only knew these things happened after my child came home. When I contacted the school the responses I received back were along the lines of: Sorry this happened but there is NO guarantee it wont happen again. They also wouldnt tell me if anything was said to the student or if they called the parents. Which I dont think happened. The bus was just as terrible. I feel that the teachers are on the Young side and are afraid of the students. If at all possible I would send a child to any other school then Spaulding, Praire Trail and Viking. They dont seem to take Bullying seriously

Posted August 04, 2015
Prairie Trail is a beautiful new school with very dedicated teachers and uncomparable technology! Every student has an ipad that they do their work on and bring it home for homework.

Posted May 19, 2010
They have an amazing special education program and Wonderfully welcoming, engaging staff! An all around wonderful school.

Posted March 04, 2010
This is a GREAT SCHOOL! I recomend anyone around Gurnee, IL to go to O'Plane!

Prairie Trail School 3

Posted April 21, 2006
My son attended 5th grade here & had a teacher that was harder on boys and taught no science the last quarter of the school year. They have good program but a problem with consistency amoung the children in many areas. They listen to the parents complaints on things but not much action is taken.

Posted May 12, 2004
The previous review was for a different school. I am a parent of a student that went to Oplaine. Oplaine school has a fabulous dedicated staff. Most of the teachers have taught for many years and their experience shows. The principal is new to the building but knowledgeable and caring. The facilities are new and clean. There are services for students of varying abilities and needs. There is a gifted program for math that prepared my daughter for middle school and she has excelled. Lunch rooms and recess are a problem in most schools because of the unstructured nature of the time. The staff at this school does their best to keep control and discipline as needed.

Prairie Trail School 1

Posted April 27, 2004
I am a dedicated parent in this district and I have a complaint about Viking Middle School. I would to start off by saying that I feel very sorry for the lunch staff that is there and what they have been putting up with these past years from disrespectful students. They recieve no recognition for what they do and I never really cared myself until I came in as a sub one day. There is no structure, no respect for authority, the staff gets rough housed and no one says a thing. With and with out visitors in that school the language is very bad up and down the halls. Where is the back up for these adults, that are giving their everyday to day to these children? What would happen if they went on strike for the behavior in this school? Someone has to step up!

Prairie Trail School
13600 West Wadsworth Road, Wadsworth, IL  60083
Last modified Prairie Trail School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Trail School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top