PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The academic atmosphere at St. Irene's is exemplary. Our son is having a well rounded education that will prepare him for the world in which he lives. Thank you to all those in the administration!

Education-wise, this school was okay. We had to transfer after a number of years here and my kids had some gaps in what they were taught at St. Irene vs. what they were expected to know at their new PUBLIC school. Socially, it was a disaster. Bullying abounds here and not one of the staff members has the backbone to do anything about it. They give you lip service, but it's not stopped. I had several friends at St. Irene's whose kids were also experiencing bullying, so it wasn't just my child. In hindsight, I wish we had gone somewhere else.

We LOVE this school! The teachers and staff are fabulous!!! My children are continually challenged academically in this very safe and nurturing environment! St. Irene doesn't just teach the student, they help form the whole individual...and they do that very well!!! We were considering moving to another state but, decided to wait until our kids completed elementary at St Irene.... WE LOVE IT THAT MUCH!!!

I am a former student of St. Irene who has attended this school for many years. I was very pleased with the quality of the education, but I was very disappointed with the social aspect. Ever since I began attending this school, I was treated very coldly and disrespectfully by my classmates, a treatment that continued well until I graduated. I observed the formations of many cliques and verbal bullying throughout my time there, and the teachers would listen to what I had to say about these problems but not do anything about it. I could not bring myself to believe I was attending a "Catholic" school...very disappointing.

We are family! Supportive families and wonderful students ... I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

This is an amazing undiscovered treasure. I can't believe how many people in Warrenville don't know about this, much less Wheaton/Naperville. The teachers are great -- everyone in the school knows you by the time you're halfway through kindergarten. The academics are awesome -- every 8th grader is using the Wheaton/W'ville South freshman algebra book. These kids are involved in public speaking from kindergarden on -- math, music, sports, extracurriculars...it's a fantastic little gem.

I love St. Irene School! We live in Naperville with the 'bigger is better 'mentality and cannot believe how fortunate we were to discover little St Irene! So happy my child doesn't have to go to the mega middle school with all the drama and pressure to fit in. She has friends in the Naperville public schools so we hear what they are experiencing and are very happy we have the cocoon of the St. Irene Community. She plans on attending either Benet or St. Francis and I believe St. Irene has given her the academic tools and confidence to suceed at either. We just love it! Thanks to all of the teachers, truly a wonderful group of educators.

I have been going to Saint Irene School for many years. I beleive I have exceeded academically and spiritually. I not only enjoy my classes I have opened a new door to what it means to be Catholic.

Really pleased so far with the school. My son has an IEP and the school has gone above and beyond to help us determine best strategies and interventions. Everyone we've encountered has been welcoming and really -- a family. People are always looking out for your child, and I've never seen such a place for 'it takes a village' type thinking. The academics can't be beat -- spanish starting in preschool, a buddy system that pairs older grades with younger, test scores are extremely high, the kids in the older grades routinely go to state and take gold at the science fair, and every kid who takes the high school placement exams for Benet & St. Francis get in. Sure, there's no gym, and the school is small. But there's tons of sports (fall & spring) and everyone seems to work together well.

Academically, it's great, but socially, it leaves a lot to be desired. Cliques, queen bees and verbal bullying abound and staff seems unwilling to address these issues. Hard to believe it's a Christian school at times. A good school, but definitely not for everyone.

Last modified St Irene Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8