Washington Community High School 1

Posted May 15, 2013
All this school cares about is sports. The majority of the teaching staff are lazy paycheck collectors sitting behind their tenure and union getting paid huge salaries. Obviously the administration don't care either. There is zero parent contact unless initiated by the parent. Even then it can take weeks to get a response, if you get one at all. Hopefully once the Supt. retires, we will get someone in there who cares about education, collaboration and communication and isn't just an overpaid athletic director. Maybe then they will not continually fail academically as a school.

Washington Community High School 4

Posted January 25, 2011
I think it's funny how teachers at this school can be logged onto ten different websites and then wonder why students can't get on the Internet half the time. Also some of the teachers at this school are fairly awesome, some just expect students to know how to do the material without going over it first, and others are just plain stuck up. Other than that, I had an excellent experience at this school.

Posted August 07, 2007

Washington Community High School 4

Posted July 30, 2007
I also disagree with these people saying that WCHS is not a very good school. The sports and extra curriculars are amazing. Not to mention your school counselors always find time to help you with problems involving school work and social problems. The teachers take high interest in their student's work and I have to say the Honors classes are very top notch. It's a medium sized school with a small variety of ethnic groups. And I have to say that I'm amazed at how friendly the people here are. Washington is growing all the time and getting more money to expand the educational program.

Posted May 18, 2005
I am currently a senior at WCHS, and I totally disagree with your accusations of Washington being a poor high school. I have had nothing but great experiences at WaCoHi. All of my teachers have been excellent, and they are not only knowledgeable in their fields of study, but they also care about me as a person. And as for our sports teams, we're obviously doing pretty well there. This year both our football and basketball teams advanced into state brackets, not to mention that most of our other teams had winning records. And as for the accusations on poor counseling, you're just plain wrong. My counselor has been so helpful throughout my highschool career, and the other counselors are great too. Next time before you go making rude statements about the highschool, ask a student since they actually attend, or at least get your facts straight. Thanks. -Katie Lee WCHS Student

Posted May 16, 2005
I am a student at WCHS, and I strongly disagree with your accusations of Washington being a poor high school. As a student, I have had nothing but great experiences at WCHS, and all of my teachers have been great. They don't only care about my school work, but they care about me as a person, too. The sports programs at the high school are also really great. This year we advanced far in both football and basketball, plus we had great records in other sports, not to mention that all of the coaches really care about what they do. So next time before you go knocking on WCHS, maybe you should ask the opinion of someone who has been there for four years and has actually experienced the high school instead of looking from the outside in. Thanks. -Katie Lee, WCHS student

Washington Community High School 3

Posted March 16, 2005
- a former student

Washington Community High School 0

Posted December 08, 2004
totally agree with mrs. childers forms discrimination played out as vague notions by the new administration. watch out tickets written too students abound counseling poor too conform is to conceed they are groping in their own creations curbing the enviroment too weed out not to educate.

Washington Community High School 1

Posted May 10, 2004
This school has been a big disappointment. The learning opportunities are poor. Its outstanding sports program dramatically deteriorated while my child was here, so that it is at best mediocre currently. The caliber of most of her teachers has been shockingly poor. It has therefore given no advantages of a huge school, rather all of the disadvantages. I cannot recommend it as a place to send children who need a fair education.

Washington Community High School
115 Bondurant Street, Washington, IL  61571
Last modified Washington Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top