Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great teachers, extremely helpful staff , with every conference, phone call you fell fully informed about your kid . My son was a transfer after freshman year and I couldn't be more happy about Wauconda HS !

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

College entrance continues to rise at Wauconda each year over the last 5 students have achieved perfect ACT scores and several have gone on to attend ivy league universities.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework given grew as my children went from freshmen to seniors as they should. The level and type of homework given matched accurately what a college student would receive as they neared their senior year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

One of the highlights of my boys experience at Wauconda was incredible kids at this school. The environment very much contributed to the wealth of wonderful students that are at this school.

I have had two boys attend Wauconda High School both one very good student and one with special needs. Both were treated exceptionally well by all staff at Wauconda high school. This is a school where the students are kind hearted, warm and where my boys have made their lifelong friends. Both boys are now attending college and much of their success there can be attributed to the wonderful support and experience they have had at Wauconda.

Most of these reviews are old and many seem to be from people who seem to feel personally put upon or are whining about some incident. As a resident if Wauconda township, I have worked with the Future Business Leaders of America club and have found the students, faculty, and community members to be exceptional! They are the largest club at the school and 8th largest chapter in the USA. This year, after participating in rigorous regional and state competitions, they are sending 20 deserving students to the National Competition. These students QUALIFIED for this honor in competition. It is a significant achievement of national importance. Quite often in high school students do not perform well. The tendency is to blame the school when the real cause is the student or the support they get from their parents. Motivated students supported by parents, teachers, and the community are what creates successful schools. These students have brought repeated honor (the club has only been in existence for about 5-6 years and they have gone to Nationals 3 or 4 times) to the school based on their knowledge, skill, drive and determination.

We live in a small town with a big heart - and that transfers to our schools. It's wonderful to be in a school system where everyone knows everyone - it takes a village. Our teachers are top notch and dedicated, our school board is extremely knowledgeable both financially and educationally, our school staff welcoming and encouraging. There are many clubs, activities and sports available for many different aspects of a child's personality, and there is even a late bus to bring your child home if they are involved in after school activities. For older kids several of our schools are within walking distance of Main Street, the heart of Wauconda. My children have thrived beyond my expectations - couldn't be happier to be living in Wauconda!

Great school overall. Have had teachers and coaches reach out to us. My kids enjoy their classes and teachers and are challenged. Great AP class offerings and 12 more are being added next year. There are also a plethora of other activities besides sports to be involved in for extra curricular activities.

So many great programs are offered to students both academic and extracurricular. My child has been in the school district since kindergarten and we couldn't be happier with the quality of education received.

I am an "All of the Above" commenter. I attended this school, my son attended this school, and I coach the High School Academic Team at this school! I value not only the education I received here (I became a teacher myself) but the character of the students and staff here. Our children are raised to believe they are part of a "First Class School" and a "First Class Community". They truly live by this credo. Right now, we have one of the largest FBLA clubs in the country, and those kids work hand in hand closely with our local Chamber members. This town in truly invested in our students and they already know how to give back!

Last modified Wauconda High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.