Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership at the school is so amazing.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I LOVE the teachers at the school they had helped me so much throughout the years I appreciate them so much and I am going to miss them so much once I leave.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The homework at the school is not even bad, but if you're a ap and honors student you will drown in homework. You should have to show up and pay attention and ask questions if you are not unsure about your homework.

I am a current student at wauconda and I love going there the staff and students are so nice and caring. The school is big on their spirit. Our sports teams we are pretty good. Considering that our wrestling team got 2nd place in state and our dance team got 8th in state.. but hey that is pretty good. Some people are not big fans of the school because they tend to get in trouble most of the time and the staff does not like it when you disobey them or if you are rude towards them, so they will give you the consequences you deserve. All in all, I think wauconda is a great place I made awesome friends and memories there I'm sure going to miss it once I graduate.

The review from -a student. Sounds exactly like my daughter. I even thought it was . Only it was written almost 2 years before she started. This school is the worst place you could ever send your child. Its my daughters first year and she has suffered bullying and it has taken her way down. Its excruciating to watch. Her grades are down shes asked for help but nothing.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

No one really seems like they have a leadership role because they don't do much to help others.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework was used to reinforce lessons in class. Time was set aside (study hall) to give students the opportunity to do some of the homework in school as well as seek guidance in the respective departments.

Wauconda may be a smaller school compared to others in the area, but this can be a great advantage to students. Since kindergarten I was enrolled in D118 schools. The honors track greatly prepared me for my success in college. There were many opportunities to get involved at the school and receive great guidance from teachers and staff. I am now in a doctorate program and have to offer my sincere regards to the community and district for preparing me for where I am.

Great teachers, extremely helpful staff , with every conference, phone call you fell fully informed about your kid . My son was a transfer after freshman year and I couldn't be more happy about Wauconda HS !

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

College entrance continues to rise at Wauconda each year over the last 5 students have achieved perfect ACT scores and several have gone on to attend ivy league universities.

Last modified Wauconda High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.