Wauconda, IL

Posted April 23, 2015
We transferred our daughter into Wauconda Grade School from an alternative private school and have been thrilled with her progress. The principal, staff, and her teacher were very welcoming and she seemed to feel at home almost immediately. The children are also very welcoming and friendly to their new classmate. The communication from our daughter's teacher is like nothing we had experienced: two newsletters a week, daily class work to see what she's learning, and homework that allows us to give her extra help. The projects like the new Literacy Fair are fun yet challenging. She also participates in "Girls on the Run" (after-school running), which has been a very positive experience. The school uses a lot of differentiation, which has been great for our daughter who struggles with math. They also subscribe to many great online services for at-home extra practice. Coming from a private school that doesn't use tests, grades, and standardized tests, we were worried that the public school would see our daughter as a number and a liability, but the opposite is true. We are now receiving the "private school education" we wanted in our local public school!

Wauconda Grade School 4

Posted April 22, 2015
The teachers and staff are devoted to our school and students. I enjoy being a part of this community.

Wauconda Grade School 4

Posted April 22, 2015
My daughter attends this school and has had a fantastic experience so far. Her teachers have been very attentive to all of the children's needs. They are quick to identify potential learning hurdles and communicate that to parents in order to perform corrective action. It's a very diverse school with a huge focus on anti-bullying and being respectful to everyone. The only reason I didn't give the school 5 stars is because the facility itself is old and can use some updating. I'm not sure if the school is dirty or if it just really needs to be remodeled, but the nurses bathroom had black buildup around the toilet base which doesn't scream "health" to me. I sort of felt like I was in a gas station bathroom.

Wauconda Grade School 2

Posted November 24, 2014
I wish my kids can attend to different school. The rate is very low, staff should think about it how to change for better and much higher score. ............

Posted December 13, 2008
This school is amazing. The administration here and the teachers have the students' best interest in mind all the time. It is a very fun place for children to learn and grow.

Posted October 01, 2008
Wauconda Grade School is a great School. The teachers are very deticated to their students and they realyy work hard with the kids.

Wauconda Grade School
225 Osage Street, Wauconda, IL  60084
Last modified Wauconda Grade School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wauconda Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top