Waukegan, IL

Posted June 27, 2013
This school provides a great quality education. My three kids are currently enrolled and are all doing extremely well. Critics of when test scores (Terra Nova) reports are given to parents should note that the Archdioces of Chicago determines when that test is taken and scores are then processed by the testing company. I find the teachers to be of high caliber and for the most part very invested in the learning and development of the children. Not every teacher is perfect, nor are the students. I find the over the top ciriticism here cowardly and mean spirited.

St Anastasia School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
I have several kids at this school, the oldest has been there for 5 years. St. Annies has given my children a strong spiritual foundation, & the curriculum is always challenging which is important for children. 95% of the staff is great, if there's ever an issue it needs to be brought to the attn of Father Alloy and/or the principal and asst. principal, all of which have resolved my issue's promptly. They take bullying very seriously, they are constantly raising funds for the homeless or for disaster relief, their hearts are in the right place. There have been some teachers that have taught too long and lost their ability to connect with children and shouldn't be teaching anymore, but thankfully that person is leaving the school at the end of this year. Every school has a small handful of those, it isn't just St. Annies. Overall I'm very satisfied with this school.

St Anastasia School 2

Posted April 30, 2013
I am a parent who's child is currently attending St. Anastasia School. I am happy with the teachers attention to covering the import concepts and lessons for their Catholic education, but in many others areas they fall short. The teachers and their curriculum lack preparation and attention to preparing students for the Terra Nova standardized tests. And interesting enough in the past the standardized scores are returned a week or two before the school year is over. There does not appear to be any effort by the teachers or staff to provide a follow-up or review with students on how they fared against their peers. By the end of the school year the parents don't have or limited opportunity to coordinate a parent-teacher conference to meet and discuss their child's performance. These circumstances are an unfortunate oversight and are common place the last few years most likely by the lack of school leadership.

St Anastasia School 1

Posted December 17, 2012
I am a curently student who went to st anaststia an this is one of the worst school I'v been to in my life the teachers are rude and they don't want to help fix problem they make them. The students are not showed the correct way to treat each other and they would do anything in their power to get me out of their school

St Anastasia School 3

Posted July 11, 2010
Student to teacher ratio has increased over the years and compromised 1:1 academic attention. Seems there's a lack of leadership and cohesiveness among teachers. About half the faculty should take lessons from experienced teachers who really seem understand how to interact with students, specifically middle school grades.

Posted May 13, 2010
St. Anastasia School is a fantastic place to send your children! Both of my kids went to school there and received an excellent education. They were well prepared for high school both academically and socially. They have a sound moral and spiritual foundation because of attending this fine school and parish.

Posted May 13, 2010
St. Anastasia School prepares students for future success. The Jr. High ability tracks their students for the maximum learning potential. St. Anastasia offers early morning high school prep courses in the Foundations of Physics and Writing Methodology. The Princial and Assistant Principal work well as a team and help foster an environment conducive for learning.

Posted May 12, 2010
I was a student at this school and now I am a teacher.....our faculty and staff put everything they have and more into educating the children of our school. I can personally say I love going to work....the teachers, students, parents and families are wonderful to work with. I am so blessed!

Posted May 12, 2010
Academic excellence, dedicated and innovative teachers, many extracurricular activities

Posted March 17, 2010
St. Anastasia School has provided an excellent education to our son. He feels very comfortable with all of the teachers and has a strong group of friends. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. I am very happy that I chose this school.

629 West Glen Flora Avenue, Waukegan, IL  60085