PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school and its teachers are committed to excellence. They have high expectations for the students both in academics and in character. The smaller class sizes help the students and teachers get to know each other personally. My two children have been pushed to be the best they can be intellectually while being encouraged to develop strong moral values and solid biblical character. The teachers have been superb role models for my children who both have very different personalities and abilities. The negative reviews on this site seem to be the exception and are apparently written by those who are disgruntled and refused to comply with the expectations and policies of the school. For me and my children, this has been an excellent school that supports the values and goals of our home in a safe and loving environment.

The staff at this school is very biases. They single out certain students and make it really hard to be successful attending the school. I've noticed that the teachers bully certain students and once they start it spreads to all staff. My child happened to one of the targeted students. They would tell my child she had to leave the school by 3:30 if her ride was not there, she needed to walking home (we live 10 miles away). She began to get harassed about her clothing, her food, her locker, you name it they found a way to write her up. It got to the point where they started bothering her about getting her little sister from extended care. They lead by fear and not with good intentions. If you play sports, you're loved. Even allowed more time to turn in homework. They give grades that kids did not earn to kids who play sports to help the school. The staff does not practice what they preach. Do not put your kids through that. There is no one to complain to because the staff is either a brother, sister, husband, wife, or close friend of everyone there and nothing every gets resolved because there is no one not connected and un-biases. Super disappointed...

My son attended first grade last year and I was very impressed how well he improved coming from the North Chicago School District. His teacher Mrs. Duncan was amazing you knew that she loved every student and their uniqueness. We also enjoyed how much he was learning about God and the Bible it helped to hold our family accountable. I wish I could have continued to send him there but we were relocated because my husband is Navy. I recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a Godly learning enviroment all of the teachers are amazing. He enjoyed going to school.

All my three kids go to school here. It is a great school. The curriculum is christian based. The teachers work very hard and are also very dedicated.. Yes, they expect the parents to be involved a lot and if the parents expects the teacher to substitute their role, the parents will be disappointed. The Principal is great, I have observed that she constantly goes to each class and gives advice to the teachers. Overall an excellent school for education, diversity, and above all teaching Biblical values

My child is a new student at LCBS. From what I've seen and experienced, my child is extremely happy there. I love the small classrooms and the caring teachers. A parent wrote that the school should do more with the tuition. The tuition is extremely cheap. It takes more than $6000 to educate each child. They do it for half the price and parents are not obligated to participate in activities to make up for the cost. That means that teachers are getting paid less than public school teachers, yet providing a better education. They minister to children's spiritual and academic needs. Look at their website and see their test scores. They take the Stanford Exam and their rank in the high 80th and 90th percentile. The scores are very comparable to any private Lake Forest school, but for half the cost or more. Judge for yourself. I would also like to add that the students are polite and seriously dedicated to their education. They understand the sacrifices their parents make to provide a better education for them.

As a student. I hate this school. They don't practice what they preach. Extremely biased. A waste of my parents money for sending me to this school. Academic wise it's an okay school. But the teachers are not very good. There's ak average of 6 students per grade in the high school. Not a school I recomend for anyone. Horrible. This school also has too much drama. From the kids. And teachers get way too invovled in your kids personal lives. Horrible. Horrible school.

i sent my three children to this school for 5 plus yrs. So I know where of I speak. This school is very legalistic. They also are very biased against certain students. I had a student they chose to harass and one who they loved. If you choose this school and they choose to love your child you are Ok to go here but if they don't choose your child get em out they are not fair in administrating justice and very possibly could hold your child responsible for things that are not theirs. In general they are very Biased. I will say i did enjoy Ms. Hird and my daughters loved her.

Last modified Lake County Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12