Waukegan, IL

Posted December 04, 2012
My son attended first grade last year and I was very impressed how well he improved coming from the North Chicago School District. His teacher Mrs. Duncan was amazing you knew that she loved every student and their uniqueness. We also enjoyed how much he was learning about God and the Bible it helped to hold our family accountable. I wish I could have continued to send him there but we were relocated because my husband is Navy. I recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a Godly learning enviroment all of the teachers are amazing. He enjoyed going to school.

Posted January 08, 2012
All my three kids go to school here. It is a great school. The curriculum is christian based. The teachers work very hard and are also very dedicated.. Yes, they expect the parents to be involved a lot and if the parents expects the teacher to substitute their role, the parents will be disappointed. The Principal is great, I have observed that she constantly goes to each class and gives advice to the teachers. Overall an excellent school for education, diversity, and above all teaching Biblical values

Posted January 08, 2011
My child is a new student at LCBS. From what I've seen and experienced, my child is extremely happy there. I love the small classrooms and the caring teachers. A parent wrote that the school should do more with the tuition. The tuition is extremely cheap. It takes more than $6000 to educate each child. They do it for half the price and parents are not obligated to participate in activities to make up for the cost. That means that teachers are getting paid less than public school teachers, yet providing a better education. They minister to children's spiritual and academic needs. Look at their website and see their test scores. They take the Stanford Exam and their rank in the high 80th and 90th percentile. The scores are very comparable to any private Lake Forest school, but for half the cost or more. Judge for yourself. I would also like to add that the students are polite and seriously dedicated to their education. They understand the sacrifices their parents make to provide a better education for them.

Posted March 06, 2010
As a student. I hate this school. They don't practice what they preach. Extremely biased. A waste of my parents money for sending me to this school. Academic wise it's an okay school. But the teachers are not very good. There's ak average of 6 students per grade in the high school. Not a school I recomend for anyone. Horrible. This school also has too much drama. From the kids. And teachers get way too invovled in your kids personal lives. Horrible. Horrible school.

Lake County Baptist School 2

Posted January 22, 2008
i sent my three children to this school for 5 plus yrs. So I know where of I speak. This school is very legalistic. They also are very biased against certain students. I had a student they chose to harass and one who they loved. If you choose this school and they choose to love your child you are Ok to go here but if they don't choose your child get em out they are not fair in administrating justice and very possibly could hold your child responsible for things that are not theirs. In general they are very Biased. I will say i did enjoy Ms. Hird and my daughters loved her.

Lake County Baptist School 4

Posted March 23, 2006
Lake County Baptist has a very christian based curriculum that aids a well rounded education. For parents wanting a good christian background along with an excellent education, this is the school to enroll your children. With a strong pre-k and kindergarten program this school lays the foundation for a bright future.

Posted August 24, 2005
This school was a waste of our time and money! My children are no better off for having gone to LCBS. The academic potential is huge, however without love, compassion, spiritual leadership I am left feeling empty. I would like to see more resources for the tuition, to charge a student $.25 to use the microwave was just uncalled for. I am very displeased with the administration; it is all about the dollar with them. My children are in a new school this year and much happier with a more diverse and caring faculty. It is your children s future PRAY about it.

Posted April 04, 2005
This is the best decision I ever made is to send my son here! He started in pre-K, skipped kindergarten and has maintained straight A's all through 2nd grade where he is this year. The entire staff is caring and giving and understanding of each child's needs. Our experience here has been the best I could offer my child and I am deeply greatful!

Posted February 09, 2005
I cannot say enough good things about this school. My daughter adored all the staff, including her teacher Ms. Hird. Academically it was challenging, but she was up to the challenge; the kids were guided through their difficult areas with kindness, love and compassion. The size of the school is also wonderful, everyone knows each other, and takes an interest in each other- there is a level of closeness and concern I've not found anywhere else. We have recently moved, and the first thing my daughter asked was that we find a church so she could continue to learn about the Lord and carry on her bible lessons. the early years in school are vital to shaping a childs attitude toward learning, and they were wonderful at nurturing in her a love of academic learning and joy about learning the word of God.

Posted February 03, 2005
This school is a major disappointment. I had to pull my child from the school, because the school officals did not practice what they were preaching. They preach honesty, love and most importantly morality. I was utterly disgusted by the behavior of the teachers and other staff. I would not recommend that ANY parent send their child to such an abomniation to the Lord.

Lake County Baptist School
1550 West Yorkhouse Road, Waukegan, IL  60087
Last modified Lake County Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lake County Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top