West Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 2,152

Posted November 12, 2012
this school is terrific in my opinion they have given my daughter the attention, and the help she never received in the city of chicago school whether it was public, magnet, or charter. So thumbs up to West Chicago community H.S. and its teachers, counselors, and social workers who do a great job! THANKS

Posted June 14, 2012
A gem of the West Suburbs! This school is great. Caring, knowledgeable teachers. Adminstration that seems to have a clear vision and high expectations. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her freshman year. The school has a bad reputation due to its diversity, but that's really its asset. There are no gang issues. Celebrate the diversity!

Community High School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
In my opinion, this school rates unsatisfactory. I have also had problems getting return calls and when I come in to talk to a live person, no one seems to be available to see me. I've had a few complaints with the administration there but they only tell you what you want to hear and send you on your way. Nothing ever gets taken care of after you leave. My son who graduates this year also talks about some questionable behaviors between some staff members there. Not very professional for a school that is supposed to lead by example. That makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. If that is true and it's allowed, I would recommend to be a very cautious parent when sending your kids to school there. You would be surprised to see just how much your kids see and hear in that school. Talk to your kids frequently because drugs and gangs are a primary concern there too. If it wasn't for the extra curriculars and us as parents being on his case all the time, I think we would have easily lost him there. We are all very happy to see him graduate and move on.

Community High School 1

Posted January 09, 2011
Horrible the teachers and consolers do not return phone calls. You have to fight for help for your student.

Posted May 16, 2009
This school is so amazing my child has great friends and strait a honner student and is one of the top for a collage scallarship for football.

Community High School 3

Posted August 25, 2006
West Chicago Community High reflects the community it is in. With many great teachers, good swimming and sports facilities, and a newer addition, there are many good qualities. At least half of the community is Spanish speaking. Unfortunately, some gang activity occurs in town and in the school. I'm not sure why, but many Spanish speaking students go all 4 years without really being required to learn English. The bar for behavior and academics could really be raised. An example is the regular student produced video broadcast viewed by all students. This often consists of silly and irreverant skits. At its worst this show has included students being interviewed using obvious foul language that is 'bleeped out' in the audio. We should really hope for better by establishing higher expectations for our young adults. There's hope! My student loves her teachers.

Posted September 24, 2004
This school is a gem. The counseling staff and teachers are able to deal with exceptional students at both ends of the spectrum. They really focus on the individual needs of each student. Their creativity and flexibility is a real strength to providing a successful educational and social environment for each student.

Posted July 24, 2004
This is an excellent school with great teachers, a variety of programs both in school and extracurricular activities. Really try to give the students a voice, motivate them to have pride in their school, and in their achievements.

Community High School
326 Joliet Street, West Chicago, IL  60185
Last modified Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top