West Chicago, IL

West Chicago Middle School 5

Posted December 12, 2014
Hello im a former student at wcms..which is now calles leman Middle school.. I Would truly recommend this school. This school always has positive attitude and They are always caring for you security. ..this is an awesome school. Im im 8 th grade and i am so thankful for my learning experience. ..thank you very much leman Middle School. ..:)

West Chicago Middle School 4

Posted November 14, 2013
I'm a former student now in high school. West Chicago Middle School is very diverse. I do agree when I was in school year of 2007 there was a lot of gang affiliation going on. Now I can be confident to say in West Chicago in general there is a huge decrease in gangs. Thanks to school programs and nee generation. I also love the new look of the building, I bet now hallways aren't cramped. Mr.Mac by far was my favorite teacher and so was Mr.Rising. They truly are dedicated to their jobs.

Posted May 05, 2010
I have an 8th grader (2001/2010) this school is the most unorganized unfriendly experience ever. Coming from Wegner Elementary where everyone is friendly and has the best interest of the kids in mind it s defiantly not a good experience. The office staff is rude and standoffish. It takes them forever to buzz you in to enter the school. One day when visiting the school I stood there for at least 5 min. I could see people walking around the office but no one bother to buzz me in. Once in the office I stood there again for several minutes before I was acknowledged by anyone. My husband dropped off lunch for our child he told me the lady office rolled her eyes as if he was asking her for something huge. I dropped off gym uniform (forgotten by my child) they never gave it to her. Teachers are ok

West Chicago Middle School 1

Posted January 26, 2010
WCMS is a horrible school. I cannot recommend a school that does not help kids!

Posted January 31, 2009
i like all the teachers also the activities we do IS FUN!

Posted January 28, 2009
the school has some good teachers and bad ones. but the ciriculum is pretty good and some teachers buy us thing like donuts and make things more fun.

West Chicago Middle School 2

Posted May 09, 2008
My child is a 7th grader 07/08 school year. This is by far the worst school I've ever experienced, and many would agree. There are many problems with gangs, and bullies, which the school does nothing about. Also one too many teachers who don't put the childs best interest first. There is also a problem with theft and lockers being broken into. Unless your child is a self motivator, overly confident, highly qualified student, sending them to WCMS is a huge mistake.

West Chicago Middle School 5

Posted December 11, 2006
I have had 4 kids go through the West Chicago Middle School, and I have worked for the district. The teachers are wonderful and encourage parental involvement. They do a great job encouraging the kids to learn. From the principal on down, I have the highest regard for WCMS!

238 East Hazel Street, West Chicago, IL  60185
Last modified West Chicago Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Chicago Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top