Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have had three kids go through this school and have nothing but great things to say. From academia to sports, we have found staff with integrity and concern for the welfare of the students. I know of at least one teacher whom was a student at this school, was mentored by a previous teacher to continue his education through college. The impact led him to teach and give back to this school. There are lots of stories like this. Our kids were in dual language from kindergarten through 8th grade. By 8th grade each we confident speaking Spanish to native speakers. Love the diversity and overall community of West Chicago.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Uphill battle nowadays, but the school is on top of it. They make constant efforts to educate the kids, staff, and even the parents.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have met all leadership personally multiple times. I can vouch unerringly for their awareness of what's happening in the school and for their approach from a best practices point of view.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is so difficult! Social media and internet access makes what the kids are exposed to a constant losing battle. The staff is on top of it though and constantly striving to stay ahead of the game. Character points and empowerment are reinforced constantly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I appreciate how well the team teachers really get to know the students on their teams---even the ones getting pulled for Dual or GATE, etc. Student-centered!

Amount of homework: Agree

D33 employs a no homework policy that promotes homework amounts commensurate with student age/ability. I am completely on board with this policy but I do worry about the shell shock coming with the high school transition.

My son is in 7th grade (2016-2017) and I have been impressed with all aspects of the school. The principal is often seen walking the halls, assistant principals even more so. Officer Fuller is a constant presence who is at once someone the kids seem to know is on their side while also knowing not to mess with him---nothing but respect. The teachers are actively involved with the kids and are always out in the halls during passing periods to decrease the tension that sometimes bubbles up in the middle school years. I can say that I was nervous for these years and all that this age brings, but those concerns were quickly put aside once we actually began. The entire approach is a student-centered one---all the adults really do want the kids to succeed and do everything possible to make that happen! I volunteer in the school one or two days a week and have witnessed all this firsthand.

Hello im a former student at wcms..which is now calles leman Middle school.. I Would truly recommend this school. This school always has positive attitude and They are always caring for you security. ..this is an awesome school. Im im 8 th grade and i am so thankful for my learning experience. ..thank you very much leman Middle School. ..:)

I'm a former student now in high school. West Chicago Middle School is very diverse. I do agree when I was in school year of 2007 there was a lot of gang affiliation going on. Now I can be confident to say in West Chicago in general there is a huge decrease in gangs. Thanks to school programs and nee generation. I also love the new look of the building, I bet now hallways aren't cramped. Mr.Mac by far was my favorite teacher and so was Mr.Rising. They truly are dedicated to their jobs.

I have an 8th grader (2001/2010) this school is the most unorganized unfriendly experience ever. Coming from Wegner Elementary where everyone is friendly and has the best interest of the kids in mind it s defiantly not a good experience. The office staff is rude and standoffish. It takes them forever to buzz you in to enter the school. One day when visiting the school I stood there for at least 5 min. I could see people walking around the office but no one bother to buzz me in. Once in the office I stood there again for several minutes before I was acknowledged by anyone. My husband dropped off lunch for our child he told me the lady office rolled her eyes as if he was asking her for something huge. I dropped off gym uniform (forgotten by my child) they never gave it to her. Teachers are ok

Last modified West Chicago Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.