9-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school is THE BEST SCHOOL in the area, we have the best soccer team a better football team a graffiti cube amazing musicals and other amazing extra curricular activity. We also have amazing God centered teachers who take time to get to know you and help you. If you have a hard time learning something or ADD or something like that this school will help you more than any other. In the beginning of this semester I was having a hard time in one of my classes, getting a 40%. I was confused and with out asking, my teacher came up to me and asked if I wanted to do an 8th hour program. I said yes. Within a week I was back to a B. in 8th hour I learned study skills I can use for the rest of my life. the people at WA are great to. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE PHYSICALLY OR VERBALLY BULLIED. yes there are "cliques" or friend groups or whatever but I have never seen anyone sit alone at lunch or excluded in a conversation. These fellow students are honestly the best and I feel very comfortable with them. I did go to wcgs so I knew most of them but that doesn't mean people can't make friends and some of my really good friend are from other schools. I love this school it is THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Wheaton Academy is an amazing school with great teachers and good opportunities. WA offers things like Winterim, a 2 week period where we choose 2 classes from a variety of fun classes. It is divided into a morning class and an afternoon class. Some of the classes that were previously offered are Food Around the World and Med School 101. In Food Around the World, we just went around to culturally different restaurants and tried the food. In Med School 101, we got to be introduced to the world of medicine. Doctors came to speak and answer questions we had and we went to Loyola for a cadaver lab.

Wheaton academy portraits itself as a caring Christian school which could be farther from the truth. DO NOT repeat DO NOT send your child there if they have any hidden disabilities(ADHD, OCD, asbergers , ect). The administration will tell you that they are able to handles these disabilities but in our experience it was a lie. If your student doesn't fit into their restrictive environment the teachers wil be unable and unwilling to help. The students are quite proficient at cyber bullying and even boasted after we withdrew our child "how they had worked to get her to leave. ". Academically, when she was assessed at her new school she was behind a year educationally. As a parent of more than a couple kids our time spent at Wheaton academy was one of the painful experiences we have encountered. My daughter was "the least of these" they sorely failed.

Wheaton Academy is a great school for some kids, and a good school for others. Typical for high school, there are some clique issues (though less than most schools), and some of that seems to spill over into theater and sports programs where some talented kids are overlooked at times. The worldview is conservative Christian, so if that's not your thing you won't appreciate it as much as Christians will. The kids are generally respectful to authority, so if you prefer a more dynamic environment where kids aren't afraid to tell teachers off and publicy tout their drug usage and sexuality, then Wheaton Academy may not be a good fit, although once the school day is over and kids leave campus, they're like any other kid in being able to make the choices they're going to make. Wheaton Academy won't make every kid an Ivy Leaguer, but kids with Ivy League potential can fulfill it there while kids you're hoping to just get through high school alive will get the support and discipline that could be just what they need.

This was the best investment that I ever made in my children's lives! I would move here to put my kids in this school!!

Sending our children to the school was worth it. Unlike the public schools in Illinois, this school actually invests in the character, civic devotion, and ethical development of the students. The teachers work after hours, one-on-one, and with the families - NOT what you experience in public schools.

Where is the review I wrote? I submitted this on yesterday and did not receive an email

I really don't know what some people on here are talking about. I graduated from Wheaton Academy a few years ago and absolutely loved it. The classes, extra curricular activities, students, and teachers were all wonderful. I now attend a large state university, am an honors student and have had no problem keeping up with the other students. The classes at WA made me well prepared for college. I was involved in many activities and enjoyed all of them. It is so easy to get involved in the school and meet great people. Yes. Great people. I loved all of my friends at WA and mostly all of my classmates and I would in no way classify myself as a popular girl in a clique. There are bound to be a few cliquy people in high school, but compared to other places it is really not a problem. And that brings me to the teachers. My teachers all genuinely cared about me and I still keep in touch with some of them. I cannot even describe how much my relationships with my teachers mean to me. The teachers, principal, and staff are what make WA so amazing and worth every penny. This school strengthened my faith and gave me the greatest high school experience I could ask for.

A school that treats and respects its students like adults; graduated in 2009. WA prides itself on supplying the tools to help grow students educationally, mentally, and spiritually. Teachers that befriend and mentor students are the core of this environment. Academic programs include very recognized art and theater departments that provide students with opportunities to build self identity, worth, and career aspirations. Also a rapidly growing sports program pushed hard by the head of school. Students here have their friend groups like any other school but they treat each other with respect, unlike many other institutions. Only critique worth mentioning is that with the recent athletic push, a small change in the student body has been noticeable. I can't say this is good or bad, but it looks to have changed just a little bit since I left. I would not trade my education and experiences at WA for anything!

Don't waste your money. This school holds itself out to be a great Christian institution, but it's filled with typical hypocrites. The students are mean and cliquey, and in such a small school there's no way to find your group if you don't fit the jocks or the teachers' kids. They have a great theater program - at least for some, but the lead roles always go to the same kids and others never even get to be in the ensemble. The academic offerings are weak; they don 't have a good computer lab. I really regret sendings daughter here - this school totally destroyed her self confidence and it's taken two years of college for her to realize what it means to be around true and honest kids. My other daughter went to a different local private (non-Christian) school and got 10 times the education and with teachers who cared about the students, not their own glory.

Last modified Wheaton Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12